07 Busa Dyno Chart

clu1967

Registered
I started a rebuild back in the fall. Had the local Suzuki dealer do it. Wow, what an adventure. It came out being very untuned and pretty much running like a busa gone bad. I am in a city, El Paso, that I could not find anyone to tune it for me. I got in touch with Evan of Evan Steel Performance out of Tuscon, AZ and those guys did me right. Attached is the dyno sheet when finished. The motor was built up a bit. Bore to 83mm, new 9.5:1 forged pistons, carillo rods and a little turbo. See attached dyno and let me know if I am correct in thinking, I have a great everyday riding turbo bike. The bike was tuned at an elevation of about 2400 feet, currently being ridden at 3800 feet. Please guide me guys.

Attachments

• SCN_0003.pdf
    597.4 KB · Views: 548
Blanca Busa,
I think it will move, but haven't had the opportunity to try it out. I tore my achilles tendon and would just so happen that it is my left leg. Unable to shift right now since I am in a walking boot. I can't wait to try it though. Actually thought about slipping a riding boot on and trying it anyway. LOL

Last edited:
How much boost ??
Has Evan S done much with turbo's as it looks way too lean , you may get away with it at low boost levels but if you go any higher or try an extended run you will burn pistons .

looks way to lean to me as well, most board members will agree a/f should be down to around 11+ at boost, you should get better HP numbers as well, careful running for extended periods at high boost, find a turbo tuner

Your air/fuel goes ABOVE 14:1 around 7500, where your bike "should" be making peak torque, but it is not. You don't tune a turbo above 12:1 on boost, unless you got C16 in it, and its the last race of the season. Your bike is not tuned correctly. I would be surprised if your dyno tuner did not already do damage to your bike, considering the air/fuel, and the fact that the chart you posted is runfile .076. It took 76 pulls to get that?

Unbelievable! I don't think you have an everday riding turbo bike, I think you have a hand grenade - maybe a one day riding turbo bike . . .:whistle:

I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night but the general rule is 11.5 to 11.8 is what your A/F should be when under boost. The rest of the A/f is ok before you get to boost. So somewhere from the 0 - 5000k rpm is ok, but your lean above 5k.

I am guessing the tuner is good with motor tuning but he has not had experience tuning turbos. Tell us a little more about the turbo setup, boost, etc.

I graduated in '85 from Austin HS

Last edited:
I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night but the general rule is 11.5 to 11.8 is what your A/F should be when under boost. The rest of the A/f is ok before you get to boost. So somewhere from the 0 - 5000k rpm is ok, but your lean above 5k.

I am guessing the tuner is good with motor tuning but he has not had experience tuning turbos. Tell us a little more about the turbo setup, boost, etc.

I graduated in '85 from Austin HS

Keep in mind you are looking at a wide-open throttle pull here. What you are saying about the A/F before 5,000 rpm holds true at 20% throttle, 40, 60 and 80% - we call this a "step" map . . . but not at 80 or 100%. That thing should be solidly at 11.5-11.8 from 4,000 rpm on up when you are a full throttle, IMHO . . .:cheerleader:

And I didn't stay at the Holiday Inn either, I went to the Marriott:laugh:

What should I do? Is it just a matter of hooking up the Power commander and changing the fuel ratio? Help. I want to ride in peace and not a motor in pieces.

it needs tuning, adding fuel through the power commander will help at full throttle. +10 to +20 percent at 80-100 WOT. A bung and a 02 sensor to a wideband with gauge would be ideal, then you can get the a/f ratio to 11.5 + or _ in the boost range. That would be to get it in the safe zone. Then I would find a tuner, howerver far you may have to go before a melt down. Good luck

Well guys, I can take good sound advice and will not ride this bike hard until I can get it tuned the right way. I may just pack it away and wait for the shippers to pick it up. Thanks Frank for the help.

Back