Stg 1 Fueling??

atlbusa

Registered
I am getting ready to Turbo my 01, stock engine, low boost. Wondering if anyone is using bigger injectors and the PCV-PTi with boost reference for fueling? And if so how is it working? My old systems like many others used the FMU to compensate. But that was years ago and wondering if the PCV can handle it. I know the stock injectors wont do, that's why I am going bigger. Would the 60lb ones be hard to tune, or would something down in the 40lb range be better? And I have seen that the ECU can be reflashed to compensate for the 60lb injectors, are there maps for the 40lb ones too?

You don’t need a pcv pti. A regular pcv will work great with the fmu and stock injectors. A buddy of mine has a rcc stage 1 stock injectors ecu flash from frank and power commander 5. Bike runs flawless and made 280 whp and 150 troque

Thanks for the advise, and I have used and know the FMU will work but that wasn't the question. Like I said in my OP, I have used FMUs in the past. As they say there are more ways than 1 to skin a cat.

If you are setting up a Stage One and plan on running one level of boost, you don't need to boost reference the fuel map at all. Let the fuel pressure regulator take care of your fuel requirements and make one map in the PCV. Multiple levels of boost would be a different situation . . . you can unnecessarily over complicate your build if you over think it. Your 2001 ecu cannot be reflashed at all. Update your setup by going to an 2002-2007 ecu and crank (alternator) rotor. You can drop those items in without repinning the ecu and take advantage of the resultant ecu mods . . .

If you are setting up a Stage One and plan on running one level of boost, you don't need to boost reference the fuel map at all. Let the fuel pressure regulator take care of your fuel requirements and make one map in the PCV. Multiple levels of boost would be a different situation . . . you can unnecessarily over complicate your build if you over think it. Your 2001 ecu cannot be reflashed at all. Update your setup by going to an 2002-2007 ecu and crank (alternator) rotor. You can drop those items in without repinning the ecu and take advantage of the resultant ecu mods . . .
Should have clarified, I have a newer ECU/Rotor in it. I know the 01 is a bastard, that is why I switched.

And I was thinking the Bigger injectors and the PCV PTi was a pretty simple setup, thats why I asked. I know it can be done, and is done with an fmu. But never liked the idea of running injectors upto 100psi, say I want to put a spacer plate/pistons in later and run 10-12lbs of boost. And running upwards of 100psi. Figured set it up now at stage one for future upgrade.

Back