Tuner Poll! - Bigger injectors or secondary fuel rail?

Better tuning above 300HP - Bigger injectors or second fuel rail with injectors?

• Bigger injectors make a better tune

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Secondary fuel rail with ECU make a better tune

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tekati

Registered
At first I was thinking installing larger fuel injectors made more sense but after talking with my brother who did a twin turbo install on a Chevy truck he said just the opposite.

He said by using the stock injectors and adding a separate fuel rail is by far the best way to go tuning wise.

I was thinking all the added hardware was asking for trouble. (Second ECU, Second Fuel System, etc) but his reasoning which totally makes sense now is that by keeping the stock injectors you do not change anything with no boost. Idle remains good, throttle response until boost is achieved remains good then when boost is applied the secondary ECU simply compensates for the boost by adding fuel at that time.

Now that really made a lot of sense to me as I know the injector sweet spot is 80% duty cycle and with larger Injectors this would make a huge difference at idle and low throttle.

So I would like opinions and suggestions on how others feel about the subject.

You will need to tell us a lot more about your setup and intended purpose, budget, hp goals, etc if you want a helpful answer.

Bigger injectors are almost always a pain, problem you run into is the minimum pulse length becomes to long ...

Smaller injectors give you better control as your fuel delivery per pulse is much more manageable...

Back