Secondaries VS. Bigger injectors

oyerbl

Registered
I was just wondering why everybody runs secondary injectors vice larger primary injectors. Are there not bigger injectors available? Is it a tuning nightmare? I am looking at installing a stage 1 RCC kit this winter. I would like to stay at 6lbs only looking to make 230-240. But im sure the following winter i will probally wanna kick it up a notch (BAM!) sorry that was lame. So if my ultimate goal is just 300 on a built motor in a year should i just go with the stage 2 kit w/ secondaries or will bigger injectors get me there? Also anyone with this kit do you have a second fan? I live down town and am getting ready to install a second fan as it gets hot sitting in traffic and i imagine a big hair dryer wont help that at all!! Thanks

before you go with a 2nd fan wire a manual fan switch --when bike not moving through air turn it on you wont overheat

I would go with secondaries since your plans call more more boost.

As you mentioned there are bigger injectors but do tend to be more of a pain to tune.

Bigger injectors are a tad harder to tune plus you wouldn't need all that fuel at low rpm and or boost levels. With secondaries, the stock injectos handle low boost/rpm and when you get into bigger boost/hp/rpm the secondaries are there to "back em up." Also a secondary set-up equals a stg2, it doesn't change the actual turbocharger. :welcome:

going secondaries is the way to go unless you have a standalone that will run low impedance injectors and then its not as hard to tune down low
but all in all secondaries is a lot easier to deal with and tune

for sure secondaries are much easier, many of us been there and done that, i have never once wished i had just kept my s2000s

plus with secondaries you can map more than 1 boost level which is what you need once you run big boost :)

Well it sounds like I will go stage 1 for now. Then next winter buy the plenum w/ secondaries when i get the itch for more boost. Thanks for saving my tuner the trouble of messing w/ bigger injectors. Never thought i would say...Can't wait for crappy weather!!

Back