new dyno results

octec

Registered
bike is 60 percent tuned and the head gasket popped on the dyno.... crossing my fingers that that was the only thing that let go...
pissed.gif

RCC kits rock!
super.gif
238.5hp and 144.9ft lbs @ 6PSI untuned!

unfortunatly she's going to be down for about a month now... in goes the .080 cometic gasket and up to 8 PSI she goes.

wow head gasket popped at what 6 psi?
rock.gif
sure something isn't wrong... mine spun up 260-270hp with 7 psi on a stock motor with water inj with no probs....... wait till you ride it... you'll be blown away.

richard will make it right!!!!
SHOCKED.gif

Yours handled 7 psi because of the water injection.

I've had 2 kits on stock motors and the head gasket let go on both. One of them had a nice safe tune by Motorhead. Other let go before I got it tuned.

Go with a spacer and Cometic gasket for no worries.

What is the consensus on max boost for a 100% stock engine with race gas (104 unleaded), intercooled, timing retarded 10 deg and secondary fuel....I'm guessing it would be whatever the rods will handle. About 10 LBS??

(Jailer @ Mar. 19 2007,10:32) Yours handled 7 psi because of the water injection.

I've had 2 kits on stock motors and the head gasket let go on both. One of them had a nice safe tune by Motorhead. Other let go before I got it tuned.

a spacer AND a cometic gasket?
I was just going to go with the .080 cometic gasket....
yes/no?

info or opinion would be appreciated

(octec @ Mar. 20 2007,04:28) a spacer AND a cometic gasket?
I was just going to go with the .080 cometic gasket....
yes/no?

info or opinion would be appreciated
The cometic head gasket would replace your stock head gasket, it's the same thickness as stock so it won't lower your compression, it's supposed to be better than the stock head gasket though. Then you can also add a 0.80 spacer under the cylinder to lower your compression so you can safely run more pressure. If the engine is coming apart I would definitely add the spacer and replace the stock head gasket with the cometic gasket.

(Jailer @ Mar. 19 2007,00:32) Yours handled 7 psi because of the water injection.

well it was dynod with and without water. lost about 5 hp with water but probably did 20 pulls without water and didn't have a problem. There are guys running 10lbs without water and no problem. Granted they run either straight race gas or a mix.

You might want to find a new tuner,I have a stock engine and waaaay over the boost you had when your gasket blew.Sounds like he leaned it out.

(nitrousjunkie @ Mar. 19 2007,18:31) You might want to find a new tuner,I have a stock engine and waaaay over the boost you had when your gasket blew.Sounds like he leaned it out.
my thoughts exactly. I see guys running stock motors with 8lbs all day long and even some with 10lbs. The guys with 10 tend to mix their gas.

(fstbusa @ Mar. 20 2007,16:36)
(nitrousjunkie @ Mar. 19 2007,18:31) You might want to find a new tuner,I have a stock engine and waaaay over the boost you had when your gasket blew.Sounds like he leaned it out.
my thoughts exactly.  I see guys running stock motors with 8lbs all day long and even some with 10lbs.  The guys with 10 tend to mix their gas.
iamwithstupid.gif
's, guys aren't thinking about modding engine until they pass 300 horse. me either, mines recently put together, go or blow at 8psi.
super.gif

rant.gif

new update...
they fried cylinder 2 & 3 very badly and wrecked the jugs. headgasket was intact. there's severe peppering of aluminum on the cylinder head

Thank god Richard had all the parts I needed to fix it.

turns out the boost level wasn't checked and it was running closer to 12PSI !!!! or so we think..... the hp rating that I posted was at 60% throttle at 9000rpm

to make a long story short this isn't exactly a cinderella story of mad street power.... just an expensive lesson for the bike not being checked out thouroughly before tuning it.

it would've been cheaper for me to ship my bike down to Richard to tune as now I've got a $3500 repair bill on my hands.

Thanks to Richard for making my life a bit easier I'm not spending the 5K that the dealership wanted to fix it.

(octec @ Mar. 22 2007,10:51)
rant.gif

new update...
they fried cylinder 2 & 3 very badly and wrecked the jugs. headgasket was intact. there's severe peppering of aluminum on the cylinder head

Thank god Richard had all the parts I needed to fix it.

turns out the boost level wasn't checked and it was running closer to 12PSI !!!! or so we think..... the hp rating that I posted was at 60% throttle at 9000rpm

to make a long story short this isn't exactly a cinderella story of mad street power.... just an expensive lesson for the bike not being checked out thouroughly before tuning it.

it would've been cheaper for me to ship my bike down to Richard to tune as now I've got a $3500 repair bill on my hands.

Thanks to Richard for making my life a bit easier I'm not spending the 5K that the dealership wanted to fix it.
ouch man... sorry to hear that. It just doesn't make sense that 6psi blew your h.g. unless something was wrong.

Back