Stg 1 Tenative dyno results...

Goatkart

Registered
I dropped the bike off the other day at the tuner/dyno.... Apparently they were in a rush to see what the bike will do... So i got a call with the classic do you want to hear the good news, or the bad news...

expecting something really bad, i said BAD...

to which i heard "we started dynoing/tuning your bike with out you"

Now, i am friends with these people, so it didnt miff me to badly..

So i said whats the good news?

"It Still has some fine tuning to do when i get down there, but results:

258hp 165 tq... at 11.5:1 afr... (99 octane, non oxygenated)"

was a 7psi spring, they were saying the boost gauge was hitting 8-8.5psi, not sure i entirely believe it (non liquid filled gauge, i assume it was vibrating all over hell), so ill wait to see for sure...

Not finished exactly, but i certainly was happy to hear the numbers :)

Dyno sheet hopefully tomorow or this weekend...

It is probably making 8-9 psi however some bikes make better HP than others with the same amount of boost, what did the bike make for stock HP?

Either way congrats.:beerchug:

John

right at 150hp stock...

12.7 hp per lb of boost at 8.5 psi...

i have to admit, if it is 8.5 psi, its got me a little nervous... slightly higher boost than i was expecting...

right at 150hp stock...

12.7 hp per lb of boost at 8.5 psi...

i have to admit, if it is 8.5 psi, its got me a little nervous... slightly higher boost than i was expecting...

All of that sounds great! When you gonna ride that thing? I wouldn't worry too much about the boost, I will bet it is happening way at the top really close to redline . . . just make sure the A/F is fat enough, and you have a little timing pulled. John, he has an RCC Stage One from POWERHOUSE.

Ride report!:cheerleader:

Very cool man. Trust me that's a lot of power for the street. Oh but its so much fun! Specially if your at stock wheelbase. :thumbsup:

Very cool man. Trust me that's a lot of power for the street. Oh but its so much fun! Specially if your at stock wheelbase. :thumbsup:

currently at SWB, but plan is to change that to a 0-6 cheater arm (i personally dont trust extensions, especially in high hp applications)...

gives me all the options :thumbsup:

Well my scanner took a crap, so this is the best i can do currently... The old cell phone shot of the scan... Oi!

the red AFR line is 11.5:1

It is compared against my last N/A dyno run i had at their shop...

As you can see, she fattens up a good amount up top, so there is technically more power in it if i was to lean it out further to 11.5:1 which i may or may not do...

definitly some polishing to do in the map as it sits though...

2011-03-05_11-49-18_492.jpg

I dropped the bike off the other day at the tuner/dyno.... Apparently they were in a rush to see what the bike will do... So i got a call with the classic do you want to hear the good news, or the bad news...

expecting something really bad, i said BAD...

to which i heard "we started dynoing/tuning your bike with out you"

Now, i am friends with these people, so it didnt miff me to badly..

So i said whats the good news?

"It Still has some fine tuning to do when i get down there, but results:

258hp 165 tq... at 11.5:1 afr... (99 octane, non oxygenated)"

was a 7psi spring, they were saying the boost gauge was hitting 8-8.5psi, not sure i entirely believe it (non liquid filled gauge, i assume it was vibrating all over hell), so ill wait to see for sure...

Not finished exactly, but i certainly was happy to hear the numbers :)

Dyno sheet hopefully tomorow or this weekend...

Cool. Nice to see another boosted bike in flatland USA. There isn't many boosted streetbikes around this area. Mine made 270hp and 150tq with a 0.5 bar spring.

Well, the bike is dialed in, but i dont have "cold turbo glory run" pull info.. just nice heat soaked turbo info...

This was on the 7psi spring still as well..

The bike was able to make consecutive pulls with 263 hp and 165 tq with out falling off at all... We ran out of time, so didnt get time to make a cool turbo pull, the guys stayed around an hour after locking the doors to get it dialed in....

So i would imagine the cold turbo best pull is some number north of that if previous experience is any indication...

On the previous pulls, consecutive pulls were showing a fall off of about 10-20 rwhp... peak at 258 cold vs 240 hot... so i would imagine a similar scenerio in this situation...

This was on 100 octane...

I plan on running pump gas, but wanted the safety and security of a nice high octane for the dyno...

and yes no dyno sheet, like i said we ran out of time, and once she was buttoned up, we all wanted to hit the road for home ASAP...

Cool. Nice to see another boosted bike in flatland USA. There isn't many boosted streetbikes around this area. Mine made 270hp and 150tq with a 0.5 bar spring.

Ahh nice!

I knew of a couple floating around, but didnt think any owners were on the org!

Ahh nice!

I knew of a couple floating around, but didnt think any owners were on the org!

yeah there are a couple of us floating around here. I've had mine boosted since 05. I've actually had it in ames a couple times probably 3-5 years ago.

yeah there are a couple of us floating around here. I've had mine boosted since 05. I've actually had it in ames a couple times probably 3-5 years ago.

Nice, the only boosted bike i have actually seen in ames (other than mine) was an oldschool liter bike with a turbo...

Hell, i may only see 1 or 2 busa's a year in ames.... including mine HAHAH..

Back