Steering...

bacharles

Korrup~shun!!
Donating Member
Registered
Hey brothers and sisters,

I have been riding the Busa for a while now and am very comfortable with it. I was wondering if anybody else has noticed this. I notice that when I make a right turn; usually at slow speed or from a complete stop, the handlebar seems to stiffen slightly. It almost feels as though the wheel wants to continue to turn or like there is a wieght on it. I was wondering if this is normal to anyone because it just doesn't feel quite right to me. Didn't notice this when I first bought the bike back in June.

Thanx in advance for any info that may help...

Brian

got mine in June, too!!

My steering felt like that after I lowered it. Is yours the stock height? Is your front tire pressure correct?

rock.gif

Sounds like low front tire to me too...my buddy was complaining about the same thing and he ended up having like 15 LBS in his front tire. But I'm sure Brian is smarter than that...being a college grad and all. So then, I have no idea.

I've been thinkin about this a lot lately and was wondering if my slow turns ... was getting crappy as a result of my front tire wear, my driving habits getting lame...
rock.gif
A few months ago I over filled the front tire by mistake and it handled great at low speed, but if you are at high speed and lay it over, a over - inflated tire could mean less patch contact and serious problems. Check your pressure and play around with it a bit.
wink.gif

got mine in June, too!!

My steering felt like that after I lowered it. Is yours the stock height? Is your front tire pressure correct?

rock.gif
Hey Cache,

Is that avatar the picture of the new "Sprewells". Did you know that they make these for motorcycles also? They look good. Still haven't found a price on them, but I'm sure they will come with a hefty price tag.

B.

got mine in June, too!!

rock.gif
Hey Cache,

Is that avatar the picture of the new "Sprewells".  Did you know that they make these for motorcycles also?  They look good.  Still haven't found a price on them, but I'm sure they will come with a hefty price tag.

B.
that is the WeldEvo SlingBlade.... considering getting some for my truck....($8000) considering........ currently have MKW's on it.

http://www.superbuytires.com/sp.html

I spent less then $8000 for my first two cars combined. But hey it's only money.

1st 3 cars/trucks and 1st bike were a total of $7100. (all bought in late 1980's/early 1990's) Add 2nd bike and the total goes to a whopping $9000.

I don't want to talk about the last few years though - makes me sick.

GAr

I don't want to talk about the last few years though - makes me sick.[/QUOTE]
I feel your pain. The bank owns me big time.
1zhelp.gif

Back