Stealership ripoff on tires

I think you should give it a shot. YOu said your mechanically inclined and you have justified it to yourself in your mind.

For tires , here in Canada the best is Pete's Superbike based out of quebec. It is cross border but they ship for decent prices. Might be worth it.

Head East Busa, thanks for the offer mate...gracious beyond words...still trying to figure out what is all involved with time considerations, space in the garage, and the like...2hip

Buy the front stand and learn to take the wheels and put them back on yourself. It will save you a lot of money down the road.

Sometimes you have to shop around. One of the big problems in this industry are the tire manufacturers who sell to discount warehouses at heavily discounted prices - because of the quantity that they buy. As a result, many "stealerships" and especially the smaller shops - cannot compete. I have seen customers purchase tires for LESS than what I pay . . . that is why POWERHOUSE is one place that will mount tires not purchased in our store. The tire manufacturers - ALL OF THEM - are guilty of this. They should give the same discount price to all the dealers, and make tires more affordable for everybody. :laugh:

In spite of that, the dealers (at least in our area) still suck!:puke:

never thought about that:thumbsup: It would be nice if the dealers caught the same breaks.. Down side of the large volume purchase is when they don't sell they sit an rot an it's possible when you order your tire at the very low price you get to see signs rot after a few months :laugh: hasn't happened to me but it did happen to a buddy of mine.

Can anyone recommend a shop in the DFW area for buying/installing tires that has reasonable prices and good service?

Back