Got new tires yesterday

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
Corsa3's front and rear. I called the local stealership and they wanted $127.00 to mount, balance and install plus the price of the tires. I called cyclegear and they wanted $20.00 to mount and balance if I bought the tires there and brought the wheels in or $30.00 if I bought them somewhere else. Cyclegear got the business and I put the wheels on last night.

Sweet Deal Dan. That is what I plan to do next time. Beats the heck out of 75 bucks an hour for shop labor. I need a front stand though. :bowdown:

I have the T-Rex stands and they work okay but the bike slipped off them when lowering. I've used the front stand 5 or 6 times and it's slipped off twice so I will probably be replacing that one.

Agreed. No damage was done but it's sure made my stomach hurt when it happened.

I will take her outside later this morning and get better pics. I didn't have room in the garage to take a picture of the entire bike, so here are close ups of the tires. Full bike pics to follow.

rear
IMG_1072.jpg

front
IMG_1074.jpg

This is my first tire change since buying the bike so I'm sure I'll be trying lots of tires in the future. :beerchug:

I would interested to see how you are using your front stand.. I have never had any problems with the t-rex stands..

you are going to like the tires... :)

Just got my new set of Pilot Powers yesterday as well. Getting ready for the Bash in a few weeks. Hope to see many of you there again!! :beerchug:

Corsa3's front and rear. I called the local stealership and they wanted $127.00 to mount, balance and install plus the price of the tires.

Stealerships suck, but new tires are great!:thumbsup:
LBS here gets $12.00 to mount & balance if I buy the tires there and bring them the wheels. $62.00 for the same if I bring them the bike. $50 more if I buy them somewhere else.
I'm trying to nurse a burnt up set of BT-021s along until after I get back from Indy, (sides are gone, middle is great) then it's new rubber for me too!
Pilot Road 2s for my next set.

Here's the tire deal I get:
2 tires, any size, installed for 279.00 or you can get the new Pilot Power 2CT's for only $100.00 more! Call to schedule your appointment. We install while you wait! prices are subject to change.

It was $249.00 for my Q's last year.

I would interested to see how you are using your front stand.. I have never had any problems with the t-rex stands..

you are going to like the tires... :)

I'm bringing the stands with me to the bash so you may get the chance. :laugh:

I know it matters which one you remove first, does it make a difference which one it goes up on first? And which one is supposed to be removed first? I don't remember.

OMG i hang my bike from the roof trusses in the garage with come alongs.. got BTO-16's
for 280.00 and fifty to mount and balance.... like um so far.. :thumbsup:

I know it matters which one you remove first, does it make a difference which one it goes up on first? And which one is supposed to be removed first? I don't remember.

ALWAYS:

BACK UP FIRST | DOWN LAST

The "wide" stand should always be on the ground if the kickstand is not..

Might think about trying to balance a bike by the windshield or the rear grab bar... grab bar is much easier :)

And Dan should have some initial impressions of the tires by now? :)

Last edited:
Back