Stater issues again

Wrenchboi

Registered
I bought a Hayabusa gen 1 imported,in the papers its stated it was a 2006 bike but I'm getting started issues so i opened up the starter cover and found out it had an older model starter system but how come someone downgrade the system so i got sus and dug deeper and found out the fuel pump is an external OEM pump saw this i had a doubt that my busa is an older unrestricted model so I've looked up my vin number and it was a 2000 made busa but the speedometer was a later one model 280kmp/h anyway coming back to the problem i can't press the starter button more than one second the starter motor teeth grinds I've replaced 3 motors in total the battery is in good condition the starter clutch is locking one way and free the other way so what parts should i upgrade to a later model this is almost my condition now thanks in advance

images (86).jpeg

hi india

if you have a big "appendix", screwed at the throttle bank it is an external fuel pump from ´99 or ´00

the starter wheel is from ´99-´02 - from ´03 on the wheel is wider and different
the splined shaft of the starter is 29 mm long instead of 20 mm in the first busa ´99-´02
so thats a second sign that you got a ´99 or ´00 model
see my microfiches here

look for the ecm and compare with the drawing at my homepage here
scroll a bit down and watch the 2 schematic drawings

if it is the "thick" one , again a sign for a model from ´99-´01

my opinion :
should the busa , with all these signs - see above - for an older one,
sold as a '06 model, in my opinion you have been cheated.

finally, one can state once again that the parts of the busa, with precise knowledge, can be mixed over all years of construction with relatively small modifications.

hi india

if you have a big "appendix", screwed at the throttle bank it is an external fuel pump from ´99 or ´00

the starter wheel is from ´99-´02 - from ´03 on the wheel is wider and different
the splined shaft of the starter is 29 mm long instead of 20 mm in the first busa ´99-´02
so thats a second sign that you got a ´99 or ´00 model
see my microfiches here

look for the ecm and compare with the drawing at my homepage here
scroll a bit down and watch the 2 schematic drawings

if it is the "thick" one , again a sign for a model from ´99-´01

my opinion :
should the busa , with all these signs - see above - for an older one,
sold as a '06 model, in my opinion you have been cheated.

finally, one can state once again that the parts of the busa, with precise knowledge, can be mixed over all years of construction with relatively small modifications.
Hey , thank you for your effort and time is there anything that can solve this starter issues here

This was a common problem on the '99 & '00. I replaced the starter and all the gears it connected to on my '00. I was in the middle of a 1000-mile weekend when it happened, and pushed started the bike for the rest of the weekend. Easy fix, but there's not a lot of room in there to maneuver tools and sockets when you change it out.

Img_0003_starter_4.jpg

Img_0007_starter_3.jpg

DSC00709.jpg

sorry
what i forgot to mention are the two freewheel covers at RH you need if you wanna move to later starter than from ´02
see fiche numbers 12 and 22

CRANKCASE_COVER%2003-07.jpg

Back