Starter clutch Question! HELP!!!!!

hayabusa99bw

Registered
I just put a crank in my little brothers bike after he hurt the old crank in his motor. The motor is a 99 and we put a crank and a set of rods in it out of an 06 busa motor and was told that everything was the same when I bought the crank only to find after I got the cases back together with the crank and tranny in that they changed the starter clutch,gear, and cam chain sprocket. The end spindle on his old crank had all of the teeth in sequential order all the way around with an indent in the end of the crank to show where to line everything up but the new crank has a doubled up tooth on the spindle which requires the starter clutch and cam chain sprocket to have a tooth missing. This is very frustrating as i have not been able to find parts and cannot go any farther on the motor until i get those parts as they are needed to put the motor in time not only for the counterbalancer but for the top end with the cams as well. I need to know what year this changed on the crank as I am being told 04 by some people and others say 05 and beyond. Any info would be great and if anyone has the starter clutch and cam chain sprocket I need please let me know. Thanks!!:beerchug:

You cant buy stock cam sprockets (unless someone replaced them with after market ones) You can still use the earlier model starter clutch. Just get a dremel and grind off one tooth. Guys do this when installing a 08 Crank in the 99-07 model Busas.

Go to Ronayers.com and compare part numbers.

You cant buy stock cam sprockets (unless someone replaced them with after market ones) You can still use the earlier model starter clutch. Just get a dremel and grind off one tooth. Guys do this when installing a 08 Crank in the 99-07 model Busas.

Go to Ronayers.com and compare part numbers.

The teeth on the gear are hardened and I tried a dremel and seemed like it would be pointless after grinding on it for about 5 minutes straight. Is there an attachement for the dremel that i am not aware of that would grind off that tooth on a hardened gear?:beerchug:

Back