Stands

I would recommend a front lift stand that lifts / locates under the bottom triple clamp ( center hole ) by pin . There should be plenty of manufacturers , but be sure to get one that is really well made and strong . With any front stand , the rear stand must be fitted first and rear also removed last , just a reminder !!
View attachment 1584745
BUT TOADSTER The burning question we all have is "How gentle are they on the living room hardwood floors?" :lol:

I have a couple of paddock stands that I bought due to their width, they sit inside the raised edges on my lift benches, some don’t.

I have a couple of other good quality ones I’ve picked up over the years.

Recently a store (Aldi in Brisbane $20) had a heap of very cheap ones, I bought several. I thought they’d be fine just to store bikes on or for long term projects. Turns out even though they were very cheap they aren’t too bad and even with the Busa, B-King or 1400 on and off them, they are never a drama.
2poqtzr.jpg

2cz1uzd.jpg

156eg55.jpg

Last edited:
They aren’t top quality, but they seem OK if you want a few spares.

They were originally AU$49, then reduced to AU$29, then dropped to AU$19. I think they had over stocked by a pallet load or two! Quite a few of us in the area grabbed a few spares. I have a few very slow long term projects that they will be fine for.

What a great collection of bikes and stands you got there Tony ... surprising that that supermarket aldi had stands eh !!
My wife loves asking me to stop there next time I'm going to go in to ALDI with here if I only new they had deal like that would have done so years ago, Ha.

They aren’t top quality, but they seem OK if you want a few spares.

They were originally AU$49, then reduced to AU$29, then dropped to AU$19. I think they had over stocked by a pallet load or two! Quite a few of us in the area grabbed a few spares. I have a few very slow long term projects that they will be fine for.
No really great score and wow you got a number of really nice stands and weren't messing around when u said grabbed a few stands.

This was the Big mike's stand that i messed with for 15min & couldn't get to go under the tripple tree so i sent it back. Real heavy duty stand but not for lowered bikes & don't expect directions or all the parts the 1st shipment. 2nd time got directions but for a rear stand i was just done oh & the stickers fall off by the time u get it together.

20181110_152757.jpg

Back