Stampeding Through The Ages (Poll)

More Busa Stampede Options

• Vendor Day (Sponsors set up a booth to interact with attendees in a ‘convention’ format)

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • Track Day (Fernley)

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • More structured/scheduled rides (Group or individual ‘tours’ through the Sierra Nevadas)

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • A la carte payment (Pick and choose what you’d like to participate in/attend)

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • Add 1-2 more days to the event

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Add 3-4 more days to the event

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Please select one or more.

I’ve been kicking around creative ideas as I continue formulating the 2010 Stampede plans and your input will be highly regarded and indeed, invaluable.

Please keep your ideas/comments in this thread to the areas listed above.

A separate ‘assessment’ e-mail will be sent to those who actually attended this year’s event, seeking constructive comments/suggestions/recommendations.

Thanks in advance! :beerchug:

Change the dates to mid August or mid September...stay away from "Hot August Nights" which is the first week of August...also Labor Day is no good..."Street Vibrations" is late September (9/23-9/27) this year.

I wish I would have headed out several days earlier to enjoy all the riding that went on before Saturday. Missed a lot of great riding!

Change the dates to mid August or mid September...stay away from "Hot August Nights" which is the first week of August...also Labor Day is no good..."Street Vibrations" is late September (9/23-9/27) this year.

Scheduling should be infinitely more flexible for 2010; thanks for the dates, Rich.

Wasn't there, but there didn't seem to be a lot wrong with what you did this year. I voted Vendor Day

Track Day would require a track day preped bike, don't know how many could enjoy that and the ones that do it, already have planned track days.

More structured/scheduled rides can be an issue on a number of levels. Group rides have there negative side.

A la carte payment. Don't really know that cost is a big issue for this group. Logistics maybe.

The number of days is probably good. People always come early and leave late to do their on thing or to get some early rides in before the crowd gets there.

Thanks for the effort in 2009, I think you did a good job from where I sit. :thumbsup:

Wasn't there, but there didn't seem to be a lot wrong with what you did this year. I voted Vendor Day

Track Day would require a track day preped bike, don't know how many could enjoy that and the ones that do it, already have planned track days.

More structured/scheduled rides can be an issue on a number of levels. Group rides have there negative side.

A la carte payment. Don't really know that cost is a big issue for this group. Logistics maybe.

The number of days is probably good. People always come early and leave late to do their on thing or to get some early rides in before the crowd gets there.

Thanks for the effort in 2009, I think you did a good job from where I sit. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Robert. Much obliged. :beerchug:

I didn't go either, finally had work to do after the big slump. From all that posted that did go, it looked as if everyone had a great time and Scar worked his azz off to get it right, something that is hard to do on the first of anything. Good job man, your efforts were rewarded with many happy people having a great time............Hopefully I will be IN for the next round.

I'm spoiled because I live here and therefore had the pleasure of riding with the early birds Tues, Wed and Thurs.. The Stampede was a definite success and I loved all of it, starting from Friday registration day all the way through the banquet held on Sat night.
But, I can truthfully say that I had a better time with the early bird rides. It gave everyone the time to relax and chat and really get to know one another better over breakfast and lunch get togethers during the rides. I realize that this economy is in a big time slump and it's impossible for some peeps to turn up early and all, but I would highly recommend making plans, "if possible", to do so now for next year. Friday and Saturday just went away too fast to really have the opportunity to get to know everyone well! I'm ashamed to say I still don't know half the attendees by name, screen or real!

Less Expensive Accomidations would be something to Consider SCAR. Without Rooming with Pardini it would have cost about $220 for two Nights plus $95.00 for the Dinner. Money is not an Issue for Me but for some It might. My TWO CENTS !!!!!!!!!!

PS: Still had a Good Time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

If the date was later in the year like September, I would make the next one for sure!:thumbsup:

Less Expensive Accomidations would be something to Consider SCAR. Without Rooming with Pardini it would have cost about $220 for two Nights plus $95.00 for the Dinner. Money is not an Issue for Me but for some It might. My TWO CENTS !!!!!!!!!!

Robert...this is a salient point.

Briefly, for clarity, the $95 covered not only the dinner, but the rally shirt, the parking lot (live security guards x2) security overnight, registration materials, and the movement of all materials from various points to Reno.

But in reality, I'm considering having a very nominal fee for '10, which will cover only the absolute registration essentials. In the a la carte scenario, everything that an attendee will do at the Stampede will be funded independently... including the banquet and the raffle tickets.

Again, these are just some thoughts I'm toying with at this time. How it ends up remains a matter for time to resolve.

...and I know you had a great time. I saw it in your eyes when we shook hands the first time in Reno.

You're a great friend, Robert, and I'm SO glad you were there.

:beerchug:

Still less than your bar expenditures Saturdee night. :moon:

I thought the room rate was very reasonable. The registration may seem steep at first glance, but let's not forget that dinner!!! :thumbsup: Security, etc. It was an upscale event, I think the value was there. Still, it may well have kept people away. Can't have it both ways, I felt I got my money's worth PLUS.

I like the mid September idea, for selfish reason's, can't get time off in July/August. I really wanted to RIDE and just couldn't pull it off.

I would have liked to have had some kind of informal scheduled get together Friday night. Dinner/Cocktail Hour promoted in one of the restaurants/ bars. Some kind of advertised meeting time and place. It kind of came together on it's own Thru word of mouth. A small thing, everything else was dialed.

I felt the cost worth it, great place and a great job, Scar :thumbsup: Well worth the ride. Any thoughts on a Tues, Wed, Thur, event. give everyone 3 days to get there, 3 days at the event and 3 days to get home? Just for the longer rides in :laugh:

I like the idea of an informal meeting place in the evening.

Would really like venders to come and show their stuff---also have some to buy on site.

Again great job :thumbsup:

I felt the cost worth it, great place and a great job, Scar :thumbsup: Well worth the ride. Any thoughts on a Tues, Wed, Thur, event. give everyone 3 days to get there, 3 days at the event and 3 days to get home? Just for the longer rides in :laugh:

I like the idea of an informal meeting place in the evening.

Would really like venders to come and show their stuff---also have some to buy on site.

Again great job :thumbsup:

Thanks, Ken (and all, really). I'm glad to hear the guy who 'rode' the furthest say it was 'worth it'. :beerchug:

I appreciate your attendance a great deal!!!

Great people, great riding, great accomidations! I like the idea of making it a longer experience...vendor booths would be cool also...more riding!!! I rode 2000 miles in 3 days and I'm ready to do it again!:thumbsup::beerchug::thumbsup:

Dan

I didn't go either, finally had work to do after the big slump. From all that posted that did go, it looked as if everyone had a great time and Scar worked his azz off to get it right, something that is hard to do on the first of anything. Good job man, your efforts were rewarded with many happy people having a great time............Hopefully I will be IN for the next round.

Thanks, Ron...appreciate your comments! :beerchug:

Great people, great riding, great accomidations! I like the idea of making it a longer experience...vendor booths would be cool also...more riding!!! I rode 2000 miles in 3 days and I'm ready to do it again!:thumbsup::beerchug::thumbsup:

Dan

Me, too, Dan; me, too.

Dan
Well then saddle up Dan! Just so happens me and a couple of the guys are heading for Ebbetts Pass tomorrow (Sat)!! :beerchug:

:thumbsup: well ... got home yesterday ..and after stopping @ Kramer Junction to ..hydro ..ourselves back to normal .. ( heatstrokin) .. I'd have to say .. a time and place that is cooler :beerchug: other than that..good time had by all .!

Back