sta-bil

Hey Pfal,

Watch out as your gasoline might "gel" on you!  
rofl.gif

I'm off to the garage to change the glowplugs in my diesel powered Busa!
jump9.gif

BTW, I don't believe that you've ever owned a boat in your life and I think you're full of BS for saying so.......but I'm NOT calling you a liar!
poke.gif

stabilizer = waste of money

My boat sat for 3years with a quarter tank of gas. Started within 8 seconds on the starter.

Using it in your bike that's siting for a few months............Do you use it in your lawnmower too? HAHAHA............SUCKERS!!!!

Gas does loose octane but it won't affect your bike from starting.

If your looking for top of the line performance, then drain your tank and refill with fresh gas.

Did you know when you buy high octane at the pump the first gallon you get is what the last person that filled up bought.

Alot of these items that are out there to help protect your investment really aren't needed and are a waste of money.

Save your money for beer
beerchug.gif
I dont buy your story, sorry bro.  Not believable.  Quarter tank of gas for 3 years and it started right up?  I'm callin  
bs.gif
 With a tank that low, it's gonna cause condesation build up.  Which means a ton of wster in your tank.  

A couple years ago, I got a dirt bike out after winter storage.  Tried to start it up but no go.  So I drained the tank and replaced with fresh and she started.  Just for shids and giggles I poured the gas on the ground and tried to light it.  Would not light.  It lost all of its flammable properties.  The gas was only 3 months old
If you want to believe gas spoils like a gallon of milk, keep beliving that and keep buying your snake oil.
On the other hand I'd highly suggest you NOT go around calling "BS" on members (which is just another way of calling us liars).  Many of us speak from experience, have common sense and don't buy into advertising.  
shutup.gif
Really dont give a shid what you "highly suggest" but I wasn't calling anyone a liar.  Just dont believe the boat story.  3 years on a boat motor w/ a quarter tank and it started right up?  Dont think so.

And your "speak from experience"  That's your experiences, not others'. Many others speak from experience that contradict what you're saying.  
winkold.gif
So you can take your "common sense" and keep doin your thing.  I'll keep being a naive retard and keep buying stabil like thousands of other people and when I need to start the bike, tractor, etc after they've sat for months on end I'll know that they will start w/out problems.

And btw, you have your "common sense" good for you.  My brother and step-dad are both employed at the refinery here, so I'll take their professional expertise on the matter over your common sense any day.
shutup.gif

Lemme guess, next you're gonna say that gas doesn't gel?  
pillepalle.gif
 Not w/ Sta bil it doesn't
Ok..........First I'll clarify

The boat was a 2001 Welcraft 186ss w\volvo V6 30 gallon tank.

Dry docked, not sitting in, on or around water.

So what is the difference between this and the other stories?

If gas is that unstable there would be a stale gas recycling center on every corner. Maybe you should start one.

Think of all the classic cars and "BOATS" that haven't run in years. What's the first thing you do......bring a container to drain the old gas......... "NO" ........Let's see charge the battery....turn the key, use some starting fluid. Draining the fuel has always and will always be the last alternative to getting a motor running. Unless you can smell the gas as being stale.

Second, my daddy can fire your daddy cause he owns the refineries and his daddy was god and he created all the dinasaurs.  
jump9.gif

Turbo-torch
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Sambusa Theres someone like you on every board
corner2.png
mmmkay
newbie.gif
There's also guys like you and Turbo on every board. You know, they ones who have seen it all, done it all and know it all. And everyone else is wrong and isn't worthy of posting.
pillepalle.gif

shutup.gif

thumb_up.gif

pillepalle.gif

quote]
mmmkay
newbie.gif
There's also guys like you and Turbo on every board.  You know, they ones who have seen it all, done it all and know it all.  And everyone else is wrong and isn't worthy of posting.
pillepalle.gif
Never claimed to know it all but experience gives me the knowledge to form an intelligent opinion on this subject.

Sorry if I/we have more life experience.

newbie.gif
is something for a forum not life.........grow up!
spank.gif

4616BDB6000389AA000040F42209224627CCCE0A02079D090A9D0A9F.jpg

newbie.gif

quote]
mmmkay
newbie.gif
There's also guys like you and Turbo on every board.  You know, they ones who have seen it all, done it all and know it all.  And everyone else is wrong and isn't worthy of posting.
pillepalle.gif
Never claimed to know it all but experience gives me the knowledge to form an intelligent opinion on this subject.

newbie.gif
spank.gif
Yeah okay.  Keep tellin yourself that.  Oh let me
bowdown.gif
 to your superior knowledge.  I'm not worthy
pillepalle.gif

So is the boat supposed to be proof of your supreme knowledge, I mean "life experience"?

newbie.gif

pillepalle.gif

I had an ex-gf who was an engineer at one of the local refineries. She told me they stored ready for sale gas for 2+ years as back up in the huge million gal tanks you see next to them. She claimed gas never went bad, but all the additives would separate. The tanks had a constant slow stir, to prevent it.

The gas for my yard tools sits a good 6 months every year. I just shake it good every so often. Never had any problems and never used stabilizers.

On the flip side, I have a boat that runs on diesel. I religiously add stabilizers to that "“ but that is to prevent the sludge that occurs from the bacteria that grows in the condensation.

quote]
mmmkay
newbie.gif
pillepalle.gif

newbie.gif
spank.gif
bowdown.gif
pillepalle.gif

So is the boat supposed to be proof of your supreme knowledge, I mean "life experience"?
It's not meant to prove anything, just a pic.

You're the one screaming liar. Trying to call me out.

I may be new to the board but I have seen many of your posts with smart arse comments.....So I guess it is to be expected.

It seems to me you are the one who is closed off to other opinions. Which means you are the one who thinks they know it all.

newbie.gif

pillepalle.gif

quote]
mmmkay
newbie.gif
pillepalle.gif

newbie.gif
spank.gif
bowdown.gif
pillepalle.gif

It's not meant to prove anything, just a pic.

You're the one screaming liar. Trying to call me out.

I may be new to the board but I have seen many of your posts with smart arse comments.....So I guess it is to be expected.

It seems to me you are the one who is closed off to other opinions. Which means you are the one who thinks they know it all.
Yep, I'm a smartazz.  But I didn't intend for my post to insinuate that you are a liar.  So for that my apologies bro
beerchug.gif
  I've had a Bass boat for a looong time and there is never an easy start in the spring.  
peace.gif

newbie.gif

pillepalle.gif

I have found and have heard the most important thing to do is to fog the motor.

I've seen alot of guys store there bass boats(outboards) with the motor trimmed up. Which is a no no. You should always trim the motor in it's most downward position to prevent moisture build up.

This could be your problem with the hard starting in the spring.

I have found and have heard the most important thing to do is to fog the motor.

I've seen alot of guys store there bass boats(outboards) with the motor trimmed up. Which is a no no. You should always trim the motor in it's most downward position to prevent moisture build up.

This could be your problem with the hard starting in the spring.
Always fogged the motor and stored w/ the motor down. Water collects bad in the lower unit, which is bad in the winter if ya dont have it down.
ThumbsUp.gif

Always stored it in the barn too.

Back