St Judes benifit ride in Kansas City

GSXcite

Squirrel Master
Donating Member
Registered
Although the weather was not the best, I went ahead and rode in the benifit ride today put on by a local Honda and Suzuki dealer. Pulling into the parking lot of the dealer, I saw an assortment of bikes , cruisers, Harleys, some 600cc and 1000cc sport bikes and even a couple of busas. Naturally, I walked up to the busa first to talk to the rider. I ask, how long you had your busa? The guy looks at me like I'm from Mars, says it belongs to the store, and walks away like I'm bothering him. I later find out he is a salesman at the dealership. The harley guys are are all together talking about their new chrome framus and look at me in full gear like I'm a freak of nature, and the squids on the sport bikes give me the same look. Not one person said hi ,I'm so n so,how are you. So what the hay, I take off for the hundred mile ride by myself. At the first rest spot, more of the same. The squids did provide the entertainment in the little town where we stopped, by doing 100 mph blasts down the main drag, complete with wheelies, stoppies, all while the locals were trying to make there way home from church.Upon leaving the first stop, I decide to get to the rear of the pack and let the real riders go up front so I don't get in the way. Halfway to the next stop, I come around the curve and there is the local LEO flaging me and a couple Harley riders over to the side of the road. He said they received calls from the locals that a large group of "bikers" were traveling down the roads at speeds well over 100 mph. After checking my license, insurance, and checking for outstanding tickets, he lets me go after a lecture. By this time I have made the decision to head for the house when I hit the main highway, just after the next small town and a gas stop. I pull into the little town as my fuel light comes on, and the local cop has the driveway to the only gas station in town blocked, and he waves me on with a motion I can only assume means not in my town buddy! I do make it to a gas station in the nick of time, and head home by myself. Never again! I'm done with benifit rides. What a shame too, as I know the money goes to a good cause. Understand this comes 1 week after one of the most enjoyable group ride I have ever been on, with some of the greatest people I have had the pleasure to meet in Eureka Springs. Makes me wonder how long we will be able to enjoy our hobby before we are banned from the roads. I miss riding with my busa brothers.

Sorry to hear it! How did the LEO deal with the Harley riders that he stopped with you? It's bad when the actions of a few spoil it for everyone.

That's why I do my own thing and ride alone... and wear whatever I want to wear and don't give a sh(& what anybody else says or thinks about it.

stopped doing this also..many years ago.

I'll keep the money for myself thank you.

(BigBSBusa @ Sep. 24 2006,19:58) Sorry to hear it!  How did the LEO deal with the Harley riders that he stopped with you?  It's bad when the actions of a few spoil it for everyone.
I think he asked for their license, but I got the whole treatment because I was on a sport bike.

(GSXcite @ Sep. 24 2006,18:48) Understand this comes 1 week after one of the most enjoyable group ride I have ever been on, with some of the greatest people I have had the pleasure to meet in Eureka Springs. I miss riding with my busa brothers.
+1...my family, friends, and those i occasionally ride with just do not get it...if i just wanted to hang out with my "buddies" i would become "Norm" at the corner bar...most riders are more concerned with who sees them and/or hitting all of the local "scenes"...i would rather catch a back road, get the wind in my face, and enjoy some twisties with someone who i can respect and trust and who "gets" me...Eureka Springs was the best ride i have ever been on bar none...when i have tried to explain to anyone that asked how my vacation was, all i have received is blank stares...i guess i am just reinforcing their opinion that i must have received one too many bumps to the noggin
smile.gif
...to anyone who understands this, thank you
beerchug.gif
...it's good to know there are others out there who don't fit in the mold

Sorry for the bad experience on such a good cause (St Jude). You are one of the best guys..so I can't imagine that other people would treat you like that. I agree with you that Eureka Springs was a great time for all who experienced it.

Don't stop doing what you feel is right because others are inconsiderate.
beerchug.gif

Yeah I agree those rides usually suck. The idea is great but the ride is usually torture.
You really need to come riding out here next year. You and Chris both. It is unreal out here.

Thanks for the good words guys. All I can say is that it makes me appreciate the org family even more. Not too many people stack up to you guys.
beerchug.gif

Back