sprockets

2ppcli

Registered
I was just wondering about what gear ratios guys have went with and what kind of response you're getting with them. I have a 06 le and was looking to lose/gain a couple of teeth. Thinking for more in the low end as opposed to high end speed. thanks.

There are alot of info here use search. I just went thru the same questions. I had a 17/45 set-up but it was extreme bang with high Rs on the highway. Now I have 17/43 set-up, still much bang to brake it loose and more balance with my riding needs. Good luck with your choice.

I tried the stock 17/40, then 16/40, and finally 16/43. The 16/43 was too short of gearing for me on the highway so I went beack to 16/40. I'm now at 17/43. It's similar to 16/40 but I remember reading bigger sprockets are better on the chain so I took that route.

BTW ... I'm only 160lbs so I mainly tried the 16/43 for the track. It dropped my time but sucked for me on the highway. If you're a bigger fella you might like it.

I prefer the 17/43. I tried several different gearing ratios until I settled on 17/43. Contact MJN. He just changed his busa to a 17/43. He can give you some imput.

16/42 is wear most people start at, but you get some chain banging the swingarm action on that, so stay 17 in the front, play with the rear if you feel you gotta change something...

remember to get a speedo healer or yellow box for MPH correction or you will stack more miles than you are actually going, and you will never know how fast you are going!

Back