Sprocket combo

hionbusa

Registered
whats the best sprocket combo for better low end response (wheelie/canyons). ?

I heard to leave front alone and change rear to 43 ?

with changing front and rear . I need a new chain right ?

you might, need a new chain...16/42 is ideal, for the low end power but 17/42 also, you can tell the difference, although, 16 will make the chain suffer...I'll raise hands on 17/42, my 2 cent...
smile.gif

I have a 43 with stock front and it tears a$$
I love it!

And no need to change the chain.

<!--EDIT|brendanp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151315256 -->

I think you are on the right track with a 43T rear alone? I've been running a 43T rear for ages and found it to be about the best for every day riding.

great link my ? is i just ordered my 43 rear and the guy said i might have to change the chain,what do u guys think, and also i'm am a everyday cruiser who wants more power but not at a bad cruising rpm will i still enjoy it on the highway as much and around town will i really notice a big difference with 17-43,and if i have to stretch the stock chain all the way back will i still have room to adjust,and is that dangrous or not thanks guys

great link my ? is i just ordered my 43 rear and the guy said i might have to change the chain,what do u guys think, and also i'm am a everyday cruiser who wants more power but not at a bad cruising rpm will i still enjoy it on the highway as much and around town will i really notice a big difference with 17-43,and if i have to stretch the stock chain all the way back will i still have room to adjust,and is that dangrous or not thanks guys
Your chains gonna be shorter not longer.....so your wheel is going to be closer to the front of your swingarm, which means you'll have a whole lot more adjustment...not less. I've read that the 43 will fit just fine with the stock chain. One drawback to the 43 swap tho, is that if you like fast cruising (85-95 or so) your gonna get alot more vibration cause' your gonna be in the 4500-5500 rpm range. Besides that tho its all good......your gonna feel a big diff in power
wink.gif

You are gonna need a speedohealer tho cause' your speedo and odo are gonna read way fast
wow.gif

boy, I don't know about the chain. The pictures you posted looked pretty tight. Almost to the very front of the adjustment.

Oh..thanks for the kick stand!    

Gotcha first!

hogger...[/QUOTE]

I hate you Hogger...
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Not true though....

If you look close,I dont have the lock nut snugged all the way down. Plenty of room.. I intentionally made the chain a little bit tight cause I love doing roll on wheelies and the chain is still in stretch mode

<!--EDIT|brendanp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151418105 -->

ch.jpg

biggrin.gif

you need to tighten that adjustment bolt. It's there for a reason. That bolt, as you know, is a lose thread. Just from movement of the swingarm could cause that bolt to turn inward since it can not go the other way.

Lets say that the rear wheel shifts a little to the left or right and you decide to pull a wheelie. Not good.

Don't know if you use a torque wrench but you should. 72.5 foot pounds on that axle bolt. Snug those adjuster nuts so I can sleep tonight.

There! The father like speech is over.

hogger...

Listen dumb azz...that pic was taken before I wuz even finished!!  Dad!!

you really think I'm that dumb to be riding around with the jamb nut loose??? Dont answer that!!

And bTW,thanks for the sprocket!!!

<!--EDIT|brendanp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151420881 -->

Leave your front stock, and go +2 in the rear. It will give you extra response when you hit the throttle, and a bit more when you hit the corners as well. You'll need a speedo healer though, otherwise you'll start to rack up the miles pretty fast.

Listen dumb azz...that pic was taken before I wuz even finished!!  Dad!!

you really think I'm that dumb to be riding around with the jamb nut loose??? Dont answer that!!

And bTW,thanks for the sprocket!!!
oh! I misread I guess. Gee..sorry..just looking out for you son.

hogger...
tounge.gif

Back