Sprockets...

KnKBusaRacing

Registered
I think my 03 is geared for 1/8th mile.. not sure if its +1/-2 or -1/+2.. i know the rear sprocket is a 42..

what sprockets would be better geared 1/4 mile? i shift into 6th about 20ft from the traps.

Stock motor, hindle full exhaust, and sprockets is all the "motor work" done.. it is stretched 6 if that makes a diff

Thats a pretty good ratio for an all motor bike if you still ride it on the street.

the chain has very little slack in it.. i mean VERY LITTLE.. im a big guy 320ish, and when i put smaller guys on the bike, its low 9s.. 9.2, 9.3 etc... but the best i have gotten it to is a 10.07. its tickin me off.. but then again, like i said in my other post.. ALOT of miles on stock clutches

Dont have it too tight,also get some heavier springs when you replace your clutches.

what sprocket combo would be best for me then? like i said, i want to STOP shifting into 6th at the traps..

my times are:

R/T ... .168
60' .... 1.574
330 ... 4.199
1/8 ... 6.428
MPH .. 110.25
1000 .. 8.389
1/4 .... 10.074
MPH ... 132.70

i KNOW i have to be losing soemthin on the big end being that i am shifting that close to the traps

Try 16/43 and leave at about 6-7 grand,you got to keep those rpms up,slip the clutch in 1rst,get wide open while feeding more clutch,it takes practice.

aight.. ill order the 43 here in the next few days..

i also made a post about clutches.. I race alot more than i ride it on the street, and my clutches are slipping bad. wheres the best place to get a new set, or what would be my best bet

make sure the clutch is out and you're full throttle as soon as you can without a huge wheelie. The quicker you off the clutch and full throttle the better 60' time you'll have and the better it gets the better the run will be . More seat time will also improve your reaction time and ETs

you might want to try the brock clutch mod or maybe a lockup or multistage,because clutch will tend to slip in the higher gears in the 1/4. i was around 260lbs last year and i had a similar problem,i went with brock set up!!

im running 16/45 gearing going thru at the top of 5th, im 270 my best et 9.63@145mph 1/4. gonna try sprocket change to try top of 6th. anyone have a good 47-48 sprocket they want to part with?

Back