Sprint Wireless Phone Insurance!!

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
So in case any of you are unfamiliar or do not have sprint. Their insurance is very good. They just started covering screens and basically everything for free. 7 bucks a month.

Broke my evo screen (cracked) the other day. I got the phone with a bad earpiece and from dropping it, the speakerphone went bad also. All from my abuse on it... Im hard on phones what can i say...

So i go to the sprint store today because they said they would take care of it. They installed new speakers front and rear, a new backplate (because my camera lens was real scratched), and a new complete LCD screen. All for free :thumbsup:

Good stuff. Im very happy i have sprint. The 21% discount I get because of my mother being a retiree is a plus too :thumbsup:

And to keep from further damage down the road I got an otterbox defense case for my Evo... I HIGHLY recommend it. It is very nice fitting and works so well with the touch screen. It makes it bulky but thats okay with me :thumbsup: Full front screen protector(plastic film no sticker applied with liquid) and two layers surrounding the phone, Pastid ABS and a rubber layer.

I have two insurances.. Sprint.. Because if I ever loose it, I'll go to sprint.. But I also have the best buy insurance (on the evo as well).. They don't replace with a refurb, but replace it with a brand new phone. Like fresh out of the box. Yes the insurance is great. Now as far as the screens go.. If it's just plastic and sticky... Change it. Trust me.. You want invisisheild. Yes they have to spray it to apply it, but this is like any say vinyl stick on a vehicle. It's so that you can move and adjust the film to perfect placement. Once dry, it's stuck for good. BUT this vinyl like vs the harder plastic don't scratch as easily. You can take keys and such to the screens and if the vinyl like screen scratches, some buffing and it's clean again.. I'm rough on phones. The other day I 'bricked' mine. Meaning I was trying to root it and do some things to it that void the Sprint warrenty. Best Buy.. no questions asked.. they couldn't get it to boot.. Walked to the cabnet and pulled a brand new one out on the spot.. Not having me wait several days for a replacement to come in. Just FYI. Oh and also always get from Best Buy because the rebates are instant, not mail in. But do love my Sprint Evo 4G

I have two insurances.. Sprint.. Because if I ever loose it, I'll go to sprint.. But I also have the best buy insurance (on the evo as well).. They don't replace with a refurb, but replace it with a brand new phone. Like fresh out of the box. Yes the insurance is great. Now as far as the screens go.. If it's just plastic and sticky... Change it. Trust me.. You want invisisheild. Yes they have to spray it to apply it, but this is like any say vinyl stick on a vehicle. It's so that you can move and adjust the film to perfect placement. Once dry, it's stuck for good. BUT this vinyl like vs the harder plastic don't scratch as easily. You can take keys and such to the screens and if the vinyl like screen scratches, some buffing and it's clean again.. I'm rough on phones. The other day I 'bricked' mine. Meaning I was trying to root it and do some things to it that void the Sprint warrenty. Best Buy.. no questions asked.. they couldn't get it to boot.. Walked to the cabnet and pulled a brand new one out on the spot.. Not having me wait several days for a replacement to come in. Just FYI. Oh and also always get from Best Buy because the rebates are instant, not mail in. But do love my Sprint Evo 4G

The otterbox has a plastic sheet. It doesnt stick on or anything. The plastic shield is actually part of the case. If anything it actually made my screen respond better to touch...

I had an invisishield and didnt like it... It also rubbed off went i put it under my leg when i was in a friends car.

I dont even want to relive what best buy did to my first evo... https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/138379-best-buy-ruined-my-evo.html

I had to use HTC Sync to set my evo back to normal and unroot it so sprint would work on it though. I am rerooting and everything now :thumbsup:

One of these days you're gonna talk me into rooting mine, I can just see it....

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

If Sprint had Iphones.... my buddy would be more than happy to put me on his employee plan. Grats on your success with them.

Its so easy and I missed my custom ROM so much when i put it back to factory last night... And it took me 20 mins using a windows computer to put it back to factory unrooted. 5 mins of that time was installing the HTC program and going through the steps, the other 15 was waiting for it to finish.

Ill do before and after pics of it :laugh:

Before:

sprint-htc-evo-4g-screenshot-homescreen.png

After:

evo1.png

So in case any of you are unfamiliar or do not have sprint. Their insurance is very good. They just started covering screens and basically everything for free. 7 bucks a month.

Broke my evo screen (cracked) the other day. I got the phone with a bad earpiece and from dropping it, the speakerphone went bad also. All from my abuse on it... Im hard on phones what can i say...

So i go to the sprint store today because they said they would take care of it. They installed new speakers front and rear, a new backplate (because my camera lens was real scratched), and a new complete LCD screen. All for free :thumbsup:

Good stuff. Im very happy i have sprint. The 21% discount I get because of my mother being a retiree is a plus too :thumbsup:

And to keep from further damage down the road I got an otterbox defense case for my Evo... I HIGHLY recommend it. It is very nice fitting and works so well with the touch screen. It makes it bulky but thats okay with me :thumbsup: Full front screen protector(plastic film no sticker applied with liquid) and two layers surrounding the phone, Pastid ABS and a rubber layer.

:thumbsup: Love my Evo Otterbox, I just hope they beef up the belt clip part!

What do yall say we create an EVO thread so we can trade ideas and share screen photos? and other nonsense of course that goes along with it

been with Sprint for years and have always received top notch service...currently have a Blackberry and they have replaced the trackball three times on this one without a whimper :beerchug:

As far as Best Buy putting on my screen.. Very interesting. Guess I just got a good Best Buy because they actually installed it quicker and better than I did my own. And the insurance I have with them, when I bricked mine trying to root it (before I found the one click stuff) I figured I'd even have to buy a new screen, but nope.. it was covered.

I would LOVE to have a copy of that background of yours there.. NICE.. I'd change the color of the Kanji just so it wouldn't be just like yours... :whistle:

Originally Posted by GsxrBots

Rooting is a must. I use TItainium backup. It only works on a rooted phone. Now if you only need to back up your contacts and use your google for that.. And all you do is make calls after that.. no need.. But if you like to play.. I plan on checking out custom ROMs to see if I want to change out.. Although I think HTC always does good with the stock ROMs though. I'm an HTC fan.. Even though I had hell with my Touch Pro. I got the Epic next and didn't like it, so it's going to my daughter and I've got an Evo now.. :cheerleader:

I would LOVE to have a copy of that background of yours there.. NICE.. I'd change the color of the Kanji just so it wouldn't be just like yours... :whistle:

I can make it in any color you want man just let me know :thumbsup:

Heres some I just made for Gsxrbot. All it takes is going into photoshop and changing colors. Changing the color of the diamond plate is tricky but doable.

I love how the diamond plate looks, esp the black. I got a hi-res stock diamond plate image, compressed it down and duplicated it and meshed them together to make this. It looks so good on the Evo's Hi-res screen

GsxrbotOrange2.jpg

GsxrbotSilver.jpg

Back