Spring in Calgary

Caper

Registered
Life is great.  The weather in Calgary is perfect for some spring ridding and the roads are in great shape.  Getting on the Busa after 4 months off is like your first trip to Disney as a kid.  I love it just that much.

Finally, I've had the chance to try out the new Corbin seat and Yosh exhaust I've picked up over the winter.  To be honest, I used the front Corbin seat for about 75 km's and it went right up on eBay.  It just didn't work for me at all.  I had a Sargent seat on my previous bike (VFR 800) and it was perfect fit and very comfortable, especially on long trips.  The Corbin had a great build quality, but, I kept moving up onto the tank.  Bumps hurt...seriously.

The rear Corbin seat and back rest are keepers.  My wife says she feels much more comfortable and secure on the back and that is what it's all about.

The Yosh pipes were a good decision.  Sound cool and look awesome.  I'm very happy with them.  They are the dual can Carbon Fibre RC3 zyclone baffle.  Glad I got them.

Next will be an undertail.  I've been reviewing the undertail recommendations posted on the site and will most likely go with the Extreme Graphics.  It will take some courage to carve up the OEM undertail, but, hopefully it will be worth it.

- Caper

Yeah I feel the same way about the corbin seat. Used it for a total of 20 minutes and then replaced it with my original gel seat. Ebay it is unless someone from this board is interested in it My butt is just too big for comfort on the corbin seat.

Glad you're riding again. Roads still arn't that great here, temperatures around freezing and you still have to look over the snow banks at the end of the driveway.

sad.gif

Welcome to the board Caper. Post some pics. Noticed your from Calgary. If you ever ride to B.C. give me a shout, I live in the Okanagan.

I love spring time! I am waiting a week until I bring the bus out of storage. there are already a good number of bikes out on the road here ( jealous ) I want to wait a little longer, until the ice is gone off the roads. Good to know about the corbin seat, I had the same problem with the suzuki gel seat on my 99 bandit tons o' pain. ride safe !
biggrin.gif

Caper: true that, man!! the weather's been great. Welcome to the board! There's a few of us from Calgary on the board. Hope to see you out and about and possibly some pics posted.
wink.gif

BLKBLU04 - We just bought a condo in Invermere BC.  Hwy 93/95 are made for motorcycles.  I here the Okanagan has some nice twisties too.

Haywood - Let me know if you guys ever organize day trips around southern Alberta.  Much more enjoyable ridding with other people!

Well, it's going to be 23 in Calgary today so I'm out of the office at noon.  Going to take a ride out to HWY 40 through K-Country.  It's supposed to flury tomorrow so I can make up the time then :-)

Here a picture of my bike with the new Yosh exhaust.  My phone takes ok pictures but not the best.  Let me know what you think.

busa.jpg

Haywood - I live in McKenzie Town, quick access to 22X.

Rocket1 - I just noticed you're from Baddeck. My wife and I got married accross from the Invery Inn in '97 at Giselle's. You are a very lucky man to be living on the Cabot Trail. When I was a teenager I used to ride my LTD 454 up to Ingonish, best beach in the world, and the best golf course!

Nice lookin bike Caper. The wife and I plan on going to Radium Hot Springs and surrounding area early July. Should get in touch with you.
cool.gif

Riding was great today.. a little windy but sweet.

Caper, you might want to check out www.groundpilots.com, if you haven't already.. it's a local board. There's a forum called something like "i'm going for a ride.. wanna join me?".. lots of group rides. however, if you want to hook up, just PM me here and we'll try to get together sometime.

Hey Caper !! Welcome aboard, good to see another local on here.  Let's get out and ride, she's 24 degrees today - SCHWEET !!!  and yeah what Haywood said, check out http://www.groundpilots.com We have group rides on the go virtually every day, (when it's nice of course ;-))

<!--EDIT|banditoo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080691320 -->

Caper the trip to Ingonish is a rush. We've got a great golf course here now too Bell Bay. How you like the cow town I worked constructiot there and Banff from 1975 to 1985.

Back