Spring Bash ~ April 28-30

Now Yamahor, Warbaby can tell you that I've almost gotten rid of my chicken strips. The Dragon can do that to you. Makes you want to turn corners. It better, it's that or go over the side. Only 12 more days!

Dan

just think, 2 weeks from right now we will be sitting around the fire telling lies.  
laugh.gif
   If we dont burn it all up Friday night.  Did anyone tell them to order a couple of rics of firewood?  
jump9.gif
i'm suprised after last years little campfire that there is anything left to burn in Robinsville!!!!

Dont let vman next to the wood pile.
biggrin.gif
He burns that stuff up like the tires on his busa. Aint no stinking yamaha keeping up with that busa.
war.gif

Hey guys Question for ya ..I might have my busa in my pickup but its raised up about 5 inches is there somewhere to off load to make it a little easier,, imposible to do alone at street level ..Thanks

Hey guys Question for ya ..I might have my busa in my pickup but its raised up about 5 inches is there somewhere to off load to make it a little easier,, imposible to do alone at street level ..Thanks
As mentioned above, there is a permanent loading ramp at the Deal's Gap Resort. It has several "levels" and will probably allow you to roll your bike off the truck. I have a standard-height `06 GMC truck and used the second highest level. The highest level was about 4" taller which should work for you.

Just checked the long range forecast for Robinsoville and the weather looks to be so-so. They are calling for sunshine thursday the 27th and mostly cloudy friday thru sunday. The temps are to range from upper 60's during the days and mid 40's at nite, this means a cool first and last ride each day. From experience I'll recommend some warm weather riding gear if you plan on riding the skyway or other higher roads as the temps up top are easily 10-15 degrees cooler. The infernos at the Phillips in the evening will keep everyone warm for at least 50 feet.
Jeremy and I are now planning to leave either late wed afternoon or early Thursday morning to get in some extra riding time Thursday. Looking foreward to seeing you all in 11 or 12 days. All be carefull getting to the BASH.

just think, 2 weeks from right now we will be sitting around the fire telling lies.  
laugh.gif
   If we dont burn it all up Friday night.  Did anyone tell them to order a couple of rics of firewood?  
jump9.gif
i'm suprised after last years little campfire that there is anything left to burn in Robinsville!!!!
Hey Ryan... Our hondas should be able to burn some busas!
biggrin.gif

I'm gonna catch some shid from the board members when I show up on the bright yellow CBR huh?

hmmm looks like I am going to leave off the beetle bags and the ventura pack rack for the trip...
I might bring the beetle bags and install when i get there (it just takes a few minutes)...dunno...I don't imagine I'll be going anywhere away from the trailer that I'ld need to "pack" for.

my bike looks funny now without the luggage on there.....

laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145238088 -->

A nitrous bottle maybe...?  
laugh.gif
Bottom end on my bike is too soft for more than a sustained 5-shot of Nitrous.  
sad.gif

Yes I mean 5-shot.  
face7.gif

biggrin.gif

I'm gonna catch some shid from the board members when I show up on the bright yellow CBR huh?

I'm sure me showing up with my little bitty baby Ninja with huge saddlebags and a tailbag that hangs off both sides will drag the jeers away from you.  At least until they notice that I'm passing them...On the inside...  
jump9.gif

<!--EDIT|TheAtomicAss
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145240360 -->

Guys, I'm cancelling my reservations for 2wheelInn for the 27,28,29th. I was in a serious car accident last night, I had to get life flighted to the nearest trauma center and basically....I'm lucky I have a head like a brick. I'm ungodly sore and already know I won't be able to make it. So, tomorrow (Monday) I'm cancelling my plans to go....I just got my busa back from the shop and it's badarse, too bad i'm going to be sore for quite a while and won't be able to meet all of you there. Sorry folks...have a great time and ride safe.

Guys, I'm cancelling my reservations for 2wheelInn for the 27,28,29th. I was in a serious car accident last night, I had to get life flighted to the nearest trauma center and basically....I'm lucky I have a head like a brick. I'm ungodly sore and already know I won't be able to make it. So, tomorrow (Monday) I'm cancelling my plans to go....I just got my busa back from the shop and it's badarse, too bad i'm going to be sore for quite a while and won't be able to meet all of you there. Sorry folks...have a great time and ride safe.
Heal up quick, we expect to see you there in the fall.
smile.gif

laugh.gif
jump9.gif
biggrin.gif

hey Benahor!!! as much #### as i'd enjoy giving to the Busa's in the twisties.... there were a couple of guys that me and Paul hung out with last year that i could only hope for me and my 600 (aka: little black #####) to even keep up with!!!! I'm tellin ya, some of these fellas can ride. I'll tell ya somethin else to... not one of these guys gave me #### about taggin along with em on my honda... except for maybe how freagin loud it was!

Thanks Busa Bitches for lettin me hang with you all last year! and again this year, i'm sure it will be great fun all over again, as long as we don't set Robinsville itself on fire!!!!

FYI:  There are two rooms available at the 2wheel inn.  We cancled our reservations yesterday.

We couldn't find any rooms available for the Friday night.....so we went out an bought an RV (travel trailer).  

We will be staying at the Santeela (sp) campgrounds, about 7 miles from Robbinsville.  However, I suspect we will be hanging out mostly at the Phillips.  

Chris
Is that the same as Hidden Waters?  Looking to make reservations myself for a good campsite.
No I don't think so. If you go to the "www.tailofthedragon.com" website, click on accomodations for Robinsville. Then click on the santeela campground. When I called to make reservations I spoke to a very nice lady for about 30 minutes. Seems like good folk there and very cheap rates. It is located about 2 miles off of 129 and a total of 7 miles from the Phillips.

I'm just crossing my fingers that the new titan will be able to pull that 33 footer up that steep section of 134 just before robbinsville.

See ya there,
Chris

Speaking of roads....any of you local guys care to ride a road for me? I am coming up from the south (obviously) and want to know what SR-110 / Long Creek Rd is like?
I'll be tugging my 6X12 behind me...so if the corners are as tight as they appear in mapping software...I'll just go a different route.

Here is the road heading out of Robbinsville.
Check it out and give some feedback on it....like whether that road is too "tight" for a full size truck and trailer.

upper half:
image_map2.gif

lower half:
image_map3.gif

entire route:
map1.gif

Back