Busa Bash III

vman1300

Never Forgotten
Bush Bash III is set for April 15th-17th. Our host hotel will be the Phillips motel in Robbinsville. Info on the Phillips can be found here. If you are even considering attending, make your reservations ASAP. These rooms will fill up fast.

Zukracer is handling the cel phone list. Most cel providers will not have service in Robbinsville. Verizion I believe will have service. I can pick up service on the TN side of the Skyway with Cingular. If you plan on attenting, PM Zuk with your contact info.

Most are planning arriving on Friday with some arriving earlier in the week.

This is not a Hayabusa.org sponsored event. This is just a bunch of us Hooligans gathering for some great riding and good times.

We will more than likely be grilling out for supper each night. We will need some guys to bring a grill/grills. I know there will be pleanty of coolers. This is a dry county so plan accordingly.

Warbaby has created a great little chart showing attendance, names and where staying. Check it out. If your plans have changed or you are not on the list, plese let one of us know.

Also, for you guys that are lurking and not registered, it would be a good idea to register. There just might be a few susprises.......

<!--EDIT|vman1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108062520 -->

laugh.gif

Get onboard and quit playn around, also place your vote here at this link

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100300946 -->

The main reason I started this thread is I will not be able to make a convention in Colorado. It looks like that is where the vote is going. The Busa Bash was originally held at Deals Gap. I was just gauging interest in BB III for early spring.

Kevin
info@mrcycles.com

I'm all for something maybe March/April at the gap. Lets see what folks schedules look like. Its very possible that my April will be busy so whats the weather like up there in March?

Looking to make a trip up to Deals Gap sometime during the spring time. Already been looking at hotels and stuff.

Looking to make a trip up to Deals Gap sometime during the spring time. Already been looking at hotels and stuff.
There are quit a few choices when it come to places to stay. The Crossroads of Time campground at the NC side of the Dragon offers the closest place to stay. There is a resturant there, no phones in the rooms but you are right at the base of the Gap.

Robbinsville is another choice. There are a few motels there and there are a few places to eat. Phillips motel has cabins that will sleep 6-8 or even more.

Fontanna Village on 28 has hotel rooms and all sizes of cabins. Plus there have a resturant, store and other activities.

You could also stay in Maryville/Alcoa, TN. This puts you about 30 miles from the TN side. The plus side of staying in Maryville are nicer hotels and good food.

If you have any questions about the area let me know.

I am up for a March trip providing the weather is not too cold. Maybe a Friday-Saturday-Sunday?

Kevin
info@mrcycles.com

I think were shooting for just after the Honda Hoot! Maybe to include the last weekend of..... Would love to meet up with some of the members here!

Deal me in guys, my offer still stands for any low budget members that need a free place to stay. my house is about 45min. from the dragon. Any date is good for me. Anyone needing local info, just PM me and I,ll do what I can.
wink.gif

I'm in for an April run, though it will have to be early April since I am supposed to be in Bowling Green KY with the Avalanche group towards the end of the month.
cool.gif

I pulled this off tail of the dragon web site.

Late October through Early April

Weather can be a problem most of the time between late October and early April. There can be good riding days in this time frame, but you can encounter snow, ice, cold rain, and sandy roads. We have seen snow as early as Halloween and as late as April 15.

Early April through Late May

A good time to ride the Dragon before the summer crowds arrive. Traffic is usually light. Weather can be extremely good. Trees leaf-out in late April, so before that you still have good views of approaching curves and traffic. The last weekend in April can be busy with the Harley Rally in Cherokee attracting many bikers.

June through the middle of August

This is family vacation time and the traffic picks-up on the Dragon. There is usually good weather with warm pavement. This is the time that law enforcement usually tightens, especially if there has been a rash of injuries/deaths. Honda Hoot fills the Dragon in June. Weekends find many bikes here if you are looking for the “showâ€￾.

Mid-August through September

Many vacationers have departed to get their kids back in school, but traffic is still above average. Rain can interfere in August. Opening season for bear hunting is a good weekend to avoid (usually around September 21). Lean on the Dragon and Harley Rally in Cherokee make for a busy September weekend.

October

Leaf lookers invade the mountains. Slow cars and heavier than usual traffic can interfere with good Dragon runs, especially on the weekends.

Best Fall Colors

Best color times are hard to pin point. It has been late in recent years.... first week in November. You will see various stages of color at different elevations anytime from October 15 to November 15.
info@ridedealsgap.com

Days of the Week

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are the slowest car and cycle days. Monday and Friday see somewhat higher car and cycle traffic. Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays see the most car and cycle traffic. Expect more trucks from Monday through Friday.

Times of the Day

The least traffic on the Dragon is before 11 am and after 5 pm. Heaviest traffic is noon to 3 pm. Night riding on the Dragon can be an interesting experience

There are quit a few choices when it come to places to stay. The Crossroads of Time campground at the NC side of the Dragon offers the closest place to stay. There is a resturant there, no phones in the rooms but you are right at the base of the Gap.

Robbinsville is another choice. There are a few motels there and there are a few places to eat. Phillips motel has cabins that will sleep 6-8 or even more.

Fontanna Village on 28 has hotel rooms and all sizes of cabins. Plus there have a resturant, store and other activities.

You could also stay in Maryville/Alcoa, TN. This puts you about 30 miles from the TN side. The plus side of staying in Maryville are nicer hotels and good food.

If you have any questions about the area let me know.

I am up for a March trip providing the weather is not too cold. Maybe a Friday-Saturday-Sunday?

Kevin
info@mrcycles.com
These were the places i was looking at so far. Fontana Village in Fontana, Chalet Inn in Franklin-Dillsboro area, and Tapoco Lodge in Robbinsville. Never been up there just what i seen off the net.

Back