Spring Bash ~ April 28-30

Thanks bronc...I'm checking 'em now...

Last call for that room for Saturday night at Phillips! I'm going to cancel it today...any takers?
rock.gif

VA hold onto that room until early next week sometime. I'm sure someone needs a room.

aren't the rooms like $18 a night or something crazy cheap like that?

we'll find someone for the room.

Hi guys,  just  checkin in on the Bad Busa board!  I'm gonna be partying and riding with you guys this spring.  I can't wait.   My buddy Kevin (VMAN1300) invited me up.  Y'all take it  easy on me,  I'm riding a poor old R1.  
See you next week!
Eddie
Hiya BigEd... Welcome to the org!
smile.gif

It will be a pleasure to meet and ride with ya next weekend... even if you are on one of them other  brand name bikes!
wink.gif
thanks man. Cant wait!

Hi guys,  just  checkin in on the Bad Busa board!  I'm gonna be partying and riding with you guys this spring.  I can't wait.   My buddy Kevin (VMAN1300) invited me up.  Y'all take it  easy on me,  I'm riding a poor old R1.  
See you next week!
Eddie
Take it easy on ya.....dont let this one fool ya.

He is kinda quick, lol.....

Eddie I got your call today, I will be a the Phillips around 2pm on Friday.

<!--EDIT|vman1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145674118 -->

I'm taking Hwy 64 out of Cleveland, TN Friday afternoon then up 74 towards Robbinsville. Anyone else going that way, look for my silver/gray 02!
cool.gif

The area's gonna be jumping! Check out the local events:

April 25-30 Warrior Riders at the Dragon 50-100 Warrior riders will be gathering here. EMAIL EDWARD LALONE FOR INFO
April 27-28 Spring Snake Round-Up 30 or more Cobras strike the Dragon
April 27-30 VFRDiscussion.com Annual Memorial Group Ride 30-40 riders headquartered at Microtel Robbinsville. CLICK HERE FOR INFO
April 28-30 April Party Crash at The Dragon for owners of the '82/'83 Yamaha XZ550 Vision . CLICK HERE FOR INFO
April 28-30 Spring Thunder in the Smokies Motorcycle Rally in Maggie Valley CLICK HERE FOR INFO
April 28-30 Busa Bash IV for the Hayabusa Owners Group. CLICK HERE FOR INFO
April 28-30 Triumph Dragon RAT Raid - Headquartered at Fontana Village. Don't miss this big event. CLICK HERE FOR INFO
April 28-30 Cherokee Survivors Rally Cherokee North Carolina CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
April 30-May 3 Cobras in the Mountains a group of original Cobras come to the Dragon.

We're very last minute here!  I booked a room at Phillips for Saturday night only, not really knowing what the plans would be...

Now I need a room in the area for Friday night...Phillips is booked, as is Micro-Tel...anyone know how far away the San Ran Motel is from Phillips?  And if anyone needs to cancel a Friday night at Phillips, please let me know before you call!  
smile.gif
The SanRan is about 1 or 2 short blocks away, between the Phillips & Microtel. Randall @ the SanRan is a great guy. I've stayed there before as well, nice place.

I'm taking Hwy 64 out of Cleveland, TN Friday afternoon then up 74 towards Robbinsville.  Anyone else going that way, look for my silver/gray 02!  
cool.gif
Halie and I are leaving out around 8 Friday morning if you decied you want to leave earlier you can ride up with us.
We will go to Tellico and then across the Cherolahala Skyway to Robbinsville.

It's almost time to roll. Have a few things left to do on the busa before I put the plastics on. My bad boy has new Maxxis tires, fresh oil & filter, Sylvania Silver star headlight, new front and rear brakes, clean and lubed chain, new plugs, and all the fluids topped off. Now if I still have enough cash for some gas I'm good to go. Omslaw and I will be leaving KC wed. afternoon to go up to Moline, Ill to hook up with GSXTacy and Poops Roos, and head for the bash thurs.. AM. We will be taking I74 east to Indianapolis, then I65 to Louisville, I64 to lexington. We will be looking for somewhere to stay the night somewhere between Lexington, Ky. and Knoxville, TN. on I75. Would any of you have any suggestions on someplace interesting to stay the evening. We would like to be 2-3 hrs out of Robbinsville max. Can't wait to meet those of you I have not met before. All of you have a safe trip to the bash, see you sooooon!

race.gif
race.gif
race.gif
race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

It's almost time to roll. Have a few things left to do on the busa before I put the plastics on. My bad boy has new Maxxis tires, fresh oil & filter, Sylvania Silver star headlight, new front and rear brakes, clean and lubed chain, new plugs, and all the fluids topped off. Now if I still have enough cash for some gas I'm good to go. Omslaw and I will be leaving KC wed. afternoon to go up to Moline, Ill to hook up with GSXTacy and Poops Roos, and head for the bash thurs.. AM. We will be taking I74 east to Indianapolis, then I65 to Louisville, I64 to lexington. We will be looking for somewhere to stay the night somewhere between Lexington, Ky. and Knoxville, TN. on I75. Would any of you have any suggestions on someplace interesting to stay the evening. We would like to be 2-3 hrs out of Robbinsville max. Can't wait to meet those of you I have not met before. All of you have a safe trip to the bash, see you sooooon!

race.gif
race.gif
race.gif
race.gif
have a safe trip Hal. Hooken and I pull out early tuesday morning and are driving straight thru I believe. We are riding around CROT wednesday and thursday and then moving to meet up with everyone on friday and saturday.

Can't wait...... I'm getting so anxious i'm shaking.

race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

The area's gonna be jumping! Check out the local events:

April 25-30 Warrior Riders at the Dragon 50-100 Warrior riders will be gathering here. EMAIL EDWARD LALONE FOR INFO
April 27-28 Spring Snake Round-Up 30 or more Cobras strike the Dragon
April 27-30 VFRDiscussion.com Annual Memorial Group Ride 30-40 riders headquartered at Microtel Robbinsville. CLICK HERE FOR INFO
April 28-30 April Party Crash at The Dragon for owners of the '82/'83 Yamaha XZ550 Vision . CLICK HERE FOR INFO
April 28-30 Spring Thunder in the Smokies Motorcycle Rally in Maggie Valley CLICK HERE FOR INFO
April 28-30 Busa Bash IV for the Hayabusa Owners Group. CLICK HERE FOR INFO
April 28-30 Triumph Dragon RAT Raid - Headquartered at Fontana Village. Don't miss this big event. CLICK HERE FOR INFO
April 28-30 Cherokee Survivors Rally Cherokee North Carolina CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
April 30-May 3 Cobras in the Mountains a group of original Cobras come to the Dragon.
Tom, Thanks for the heads up.

Y`all, that probably means an increase in patrols, speed traps, and squidley's crossing the yellow (including the cobras).

Be safe everyone.

See ya there,

Chris

race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

race.gif
Are you guys riding or trailering. I ask because I think you will find it quiker to go south in Illinois in to Kentucky and then I24 to Nashville then I40 to I75 south then get off on 68to Tellico Plains then take 165 its the Cherohala Skyway to Robbinsville. The going is slow once you get south of Knoxville. When I got off of I75 last year and took this route it took 2 hours to go 60 miles. If you are riding you can make it faster but that last part takes a while what ever way you go.

race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

********** <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>FOR RIDERS NEW TO THE DRAGON</span></span> **********

Just a few friendly reminders about riding the Dragon (yes, I know I'm not your daddy but I do know how hungry the Dragon can be):

1- The first Dragon pass should be very <span style='color:red'>conservative</span> and <span style='color:red'>exploratory</span>. There are some decreasing radius turns that can surprise even the focused rider who doesn't expect them.

2- Ego control--ride at <span style='color:red'>your comfort level</span>.

3- Brake <span style='color:red'>before you turn</span>, not during the turn.

4- Look <span style='color:red'>where</span> you want to go and you'll go <span style='color:red'>there</span>.

5- <span style='color:red'>Do not cross the center line</span> and hope oncoming traffic does likewise (but don't count on it). If you enter a turn too hot, <span style='color:red'>lean more</span>...make yourself do it--the Busa can! Your tire pressures are correct...right?

6- Focus upon your <span style='color:red'>lines through turns</span> and <span style='color:red'>smoothness</span>. You automatically become "quicker" through smoothness. Really...!

There are other things but I won't belabor the point further. If you do the things above, you'll be way-ahead of the game and enjoy one of the best twisted roads in America.

Why did I post this? Because I have seen countless preventable crashes that would not have occurred if the rider had simply embraced these few procedures. Of course, there are no guarantees.

Please forgive an Old Fart who doesn't want to see any member not get this message.

See `yall there!

<!--EDIT|WarBaby
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145751025 -->

Vman do you really need those raffle tickets. We use them in the bass club  I belong to. You can get a big roll at  Wal mart. Let me know

<!--EDIT|hooken203
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145800306 -->

Guys,

Have fun at the Bash, wish I could be there but I'm still healing up. I had to cancel last week and lost my deposit on the 2WheelInn. At least I'm still alive, I'm a lucky man. PM me for pics if you wanna see why I can't go

-Smoke-

<!--EDIT|Smoke777
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145757377 -->

Back