Spring Bash 2011 --- Friday Dinner

Spring Bash 2011 Friday Dinner

• Total voters

MrsGrumpy

Faith, Trust, Pixie Dust!
Donating Member
Registered
As most of you know, Grumpy's Diner is typically available to cook at the Bash. In the past year or so, as the crowds became more scattered on arrival time we made Friday night "the" night for everyone to gather for dinner and good times around the fire.

This year circumstances are a bit different than in the past because we have Easter Sunday to contend with. MY thought (I post this as I haven't even spoken to Dave or John :whistle:) was to do a Friday night dinner, but make it Easter dinner themed. In my family we did ham, potatoes, and some other veggies. (Other suggestions welcome by PM'ing me by March 1st.)

So with that being said, there IS a catch. Anyone attending the Bash that wants this meal MUST pay in advance. It is not feasible this year for us to front the cash on dinner.

Dinner would (or could) consist of ham steak, baked potato, and a side of veggies with a roll for $15 a plate. You WILL receive a ticket upon arrival to the bash in a packet that I will make up for each room / cabin. (Thanks to RacerV for starting that list already!!)

So obviously now that I've said all that, I will need your opinion on this. Please keep in mind, that it's typicaly just Dave, John, and I that do the shopping, set up and usually clean up too. It is the plan to keep this for FRIDAY night only with as FEW items to cook that would require a decent meal. Dave and John like to ride just as much as you guys do and I don't want a ton of prep time on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I'd like to sweetie, my family duties require me to be elsewhere on Easter weekend...doesn't mean I might not try to come out for a day or two BEFORE the weekend :)

Charlie, when you showin up? Maybe we could get a ride or two in before Friday (I'll have to be home Friday night).

As much as I'd like to sweetie, my family duties require me to be elsewhere on Easter weekend...doesn't mean I might not try to come out for a day or two BEFORE the weekend :)

Would love to see you before then if you can make it. We'll be there all week.

Bump for today :)
Posted via Mobile Device

So I guess nobody cares if we eat or not? Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

ill give the link to our coordination thread...i forgot it was in polls...im sure the HIH guys and gals will chime in for friday yums

:laugh: Just giving me ORG peeps a hard time.

Can't wait to see you Ace!! I missed you. :love:

Miss you guys too...thats what the bash is for right? Seeing your far away friends at least once or twice a year!

Why don't you guys take a break this year and let everyone fend for themselves?

Why don't you guys take a break this year and let everyone fend for themselves?

I've been trying to do that for 2 bashes now John. However, Grumpy and John have had other ideas. I figure this way at least there's some organization to it.

Heck, John wants to cook ALL week!! Ain't no way that's going to happen. Not if I have anything to do about it. :laugh:

I've been trying to do that for 2 bashes now John. However, Grumpy and John have had other ideas. I figure this way at least there's some organization to it.

Heck, John wants to cook ALL week!! Ain't no way that's going to happen. Not if I have anything to do about it. :laugh:
You know it wasn't this way until all you NorEaster people started coming around.....

You know it wasn't this way until all you NorEaster people started coming around.....

:laugh: Don't blame me...I'm just along for the ride. If you can convince them to NOT cook for the masses I'll buy you beer! :beerchug:

You guys just do a lot and I know it is appreciated however you guys work your asses off. Take a break.

Back