Spot the new trackbike mods...

(VaBusa @ Aug. 31 2007,10:35) All I see is a Yamaha man...no one gets a pink toaster for mods to a Yammi  
laugh.gif

Bike does look good though...  
cool.gif
More stuff on the way to Atlanta as I speak.

track bodywork
Graves stacks
PCIII
Chain and sprockets
Pazzo levers

Plus, some dyno time for a custom map and a BPD quickshifter.....

(BusaBret @ Aug. 31 2007,12:20) V-Man That bike rocks!
super.gif

I rode a 05 R1 that is fully race prepped last weekend and OH MY GOD does that thing handle. It corners like it is on razor blades. He is running the Akra pipes and the sound they make is just pure music. You guys and your dedicated track bikes are killing me!!
bowdown.gif
Thanks man! I so cant wait to spend some time on that bike. I havent even rode it 10 miles yet.

(kennym4 @ Aug. 31 2007,12:25) Glad to hear you're doing better !! Had me worried there for a little bit. Man, I love that bike !!! You dragged your stator cover, and the wife told you " time to get a track bike"?  What a wife !!!!!!! I woulda heard " NO MORE TRACK DAYS, YOU'RE TEARING THAT BIKE UP"!!!  NAG, NAG, NAG !! Oh no, wait a min., I'm seperated, I wouldn't of heard a dam thing !!  HA HA !    

KEEP"em commin V MAN !!!
I actually drug the stator cover on the street at Deals Gap playing with a WERA racer and long term friend of mine. I told wife that I had found the limits of lean angle on the Busa and she was like "I guess it is time for a trackbike"....

I win! I win I win Hell Yea!........................Oh wait, it's a pink toaster..............CRAP!
biggrin.gif

Nice ride though, Hate you..... j/k

(J.Busa @ Aug. 31 2007,11:50) I win! I win I win Hell Yea!........................Oh wait, it's a pink toaster..............CRAP!
biggrin.gif

Nice ride though, Hate you..... j/k
Yup - It looks like this:

p48074z.jpg

(SpeedGeek @ Aug. 30 2007,19:28) Traxxion Dynamics suspension front and rear. AK-20 cartridge kit? Or just valves?

Plus the windscreen, akra evo, frame sliders and the DOT race tires...

It's not lowered though.
all_coholic.gif
I was taliking about the front end. Not an expert on the R1, but the front looks lowered about 1". I saw the suspension, but it didn't dawn on me that it was aftermarket and wasn't sure about the brakes. Oh well, next time
laugh.gif

Yam_R1_2007_Intake.jpg

Help the less mod enlightened here.

How does that suspension help you? The R1s stock suspension is pretty stiff as it is. What does that rear shock do, and how does it work with the spring/strut in the back?

I'm just curious. I heard a little bit about "loading" the suspension when I was watching a MotoGP video and I understand the concept, but this is like hitting my lob wedge properly. Just because I can hit it doesn't mean I can "use" it.

(Nekosohana @ Aug. 31 2007,13:30) How does that suspension help you?  
Most all motorcycles are set up for rather light riders, 160 to 180 ish or so. I tip the scales with full leathers, helmet, boots, gloves at 340.

With a properly set up suspension, the front end dive entering a corner hard on the brakes is gone. Mid corner bumps are handled much easier.

With a shock also for my weight, the proper sag numbers can be maintained and it is fully adjustable.

I have been riding motorcycles nearly 20 years, and I cannot tell you how much a set up suspension will inprove your riding experience.

(vman1300 @ Aug. 31 2007,11:22) .......I cannot tell you how much a set up suspension will inprove your riding experience.
+1000

Most guys buy new 600's or liter bikes and the first thing they do is add exhaust, PC etc to get more power or fix flat spots etc.... but in reality the best thing they could do is get the suspension dialed in specifically for them.  It makes it a whole new bike!  

I'm thinking about and '08 Gixxer 1000, and I can tell you the FIRST thing I will do (after a dyno break in) is take it to GP Suspension to get it set up for my weight.  

Vman...  Enjoy the R1... they handle incredible  
beerchug.gif

(vman1300 @ Aug. 30 2007,15:24) Yes, I know I am still recovering from cancer surgery, but I cant let that stop progress.

Submitted for your viewing pleasure, my 2005 R1 trackbike, with a couple of schweet new mods....
Vman I'm glad that your recovery is going good. I look forward to next year when I get back from Iraq cause I would like to ride with you on the Gap if possible.

I was also wondering if you had put the Busa down for the R1?
I hope not, I'm trying to see if the rim mod you did to the Busa is still holden up? I was looken at doing the same.

So me at 240, my suspension is WAYYYY OFF, huh ? What do I need ? new springs ? I hear some people say the Busa's rear shock is pretty good, is it ? I wonder if I'm bottoming out, and not noticing it ?

How much (ball park) to have your susp. DONE RIGHT ?

(SpeedGeek @ Aug. 30 2007,16:28) Traxxion Dynamics suspension front and rear.  AK-20 cartridge kit?  Or just valves?

It's not lowered though.  
all_coholic.gif
Now dang it, I was just about to point that out...
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

(CLYDE05 @ Aug. 31 2007,17:51) Vman I'm glad that your recovery is going good. I look forward to next year when I get back from Iraq cause I would like to ride with you on the Gap if possible.

I hope not, I'm trying to see if the rim mod you did to the Busa is still holden up? I was looken at doing the same.
Sounds like a plan, you pick the weekend and I will see what my schedule holds.

I still have the Busa. I just added the R! as a dediticated track weapon that may see limited street duty.

The rims are still a great mod and worth every penny.

(kennym4 @ Aug. 31 2007,18:12) So me at 240, my suspension is WAYYYY OFF, huh ? What do I need ? new springs ? I hear some people say the Busa's rear shock is pretty good, is it ? I wonder if I'm bottoming out, and not noticing it ?

How much (ball park) to have your susp. DONE RIGHT ?
I would at least replace the front springs. Fairly cheap and you will notice a massive improvement.

Find someone you trust to do your work. I use Traxxion Dynamics in Georgia. I have used just a spring upgrade on one machine and on the Busa, I went with the springs and re-valve. Adding the re-valve made as much of an improvement as just the springs, much smother.

Call Mike at Traxxion, tell him your weight, riding style and budget and he can put something together for you.

Prices can varry depending on what you want to go with...

(YH2K @ Aug. 31 2007,18:23)
(SpeedGeek @ Aug. 30 2007,16:28) Traxxion Dynamics suspension front and rear.  AK-20 cartridge kit?  Or just valves?

It's not lowered though.  
all_coholic.gif
Now dang it, I was just about to point that out...
all_coholic.gif
Sure you were....lol....

all_coholic.gif

(vman1300 @ Aug. 31 2007,15:42)
(CLYDE05 @ Aug. 31 2007,17:51) Vman I'm glad that your recovery is going good. I look forward to next year when I get back from Iraq cause I would like to ride with you on the Gap if possible.

Sounds like a plan, you pick the weekend and I will see what my schedule holds.

I still have the Busa. I just added the R! as a dediticated track weapon that may see limited street duty.

The rims are still a great mod and worth every penny.
VMAN

THAT'S WHATZ UP.
WHAT SIZE RIM DID YOU GO WITH AND ARE THE RIMS MAVRICKS OR MARCHVCHI

THANKS BRO

(CLYDE05 @ Sep. 02 2007,10:17) VMAN

THAT'S WHATZ UP.
WHAT SIZE RIM DID YOU GO WITH AND ARE THE RIMS MAVRICKS OR MARCHVCHI

THANKS BRO
The wheels on the R1 are stock.

On the Busa, I have Forged Alumnium Marchesini's. With galfer wave rotors, lightweight rear rotor, I saved nearly 10lbs of rotating mass. Well worth the money.

Kev glad to see you're healing is going good. How long of down time do you have? Will you be ready to do a trackday by Feb 2nd? We need you at Jennings then. I'll be getting with you about a couple of things for the track set up.

Back