We need new mods!

bigjohn141

Donating Member
Registered
Ok I am approaching the limit on known mods. I was wondering if anyone out there had any new different mods they have done or are thinking of. I know you guys are creative, so lets see what you got.

i dont know about new mods m8,but i do know a good site for custom busa bits.i use this bloke alot and all the stuff i have got off him is good qaulity stuff.just tell him paulos sent ya if ya get anything
wink.gif
i met alan at a triumph show hes got loads of goodes:D

well, what's the list of mods that you got? There's a ton that you can do...

undertail (of course)
running lights
flushmounts
carbon fiber inners
wheels
cams
exhaust
seats
airbox
TRE (our favorite)
PCII/PCIIIr/PCIII usb
big bore
bling
kickstand
bar ends
hole covers
sprockets
mirrors
clear sigs
clear tail
etc
etc
etc

I know about all the mods you can buy. I was talking more about custom mods that you can do yourself. Something along the lines of the hump mod or peg mod or fairing screens (the homemade kind, not the ones off ebay). Something that is not premade for the busa, but you can alter it and make look like it came that way.

I just posted a group buy on the led's.

Get yourself some 1157 dual contact bulbs, change your front turn signal sockets from 1156 to 1157 OR solder a wire in, and make a dual lighted turn signal. One is daytime running lights, the other is a turnsignal or have one side wig wag across the bike while the other is turn signal.

Get creative pimp. There's always the blow up sheep to put on the back of your seat~!

L@U

ICE

speaking of which....I just narrowly avoided a particularly nasty nick, if you know what I mean.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Couple mods might not be in the books.
Hazard lights, Headlight off with kickstand down.
Low Beam Headlight +12v wire is split on the contacts of 12 vdc relay. The 12v source voltage for the lamp is connected to the relay contact and (+ side) of the relay coil. The (- side) of the relay coil to the green wire coming from the kickstand switch. The green wire is cut before the turn signal relat module. A diode (cathode towards the kickstand switch) is placed to connect together this green wire cut. The Headlamp relay wire is connected on the Cathode side of the Diode. The reason for this diode is to isolate the other switches that converse on the turn signal relay.
The Headlight low beam remains off anytime the kickstand is down. Beneficial in maximizing the energy to use to start the engine. Can also run the hazard lights without power drain from a headlight. The Highbeam circuit is un-touched, functions normally.
An alternative system is to latch a relay open using it's own contacts and supplying power to the headlight. The triggering voltage is from (+ side) of the starter relay. The headlight is off after turning the key. As soon as the starter key is pressed. The relay latches On, Headlight remains on until the ignition key is turned off. Benefit is no power drain to run hazard lights. No power drain before the starter button is pressed.
---------------
Hazard lights is a toggle switch and two 2-3 amp diodes. With both anodes connected together. The common anodes is soildered to on side of the toggle switch. The other toggle switch connector is connected to the output side of the Turn signal relay. The cathode side of the diodes is connected to the turn signal (+side) wires. One diode to left and one to right turn signals.
The hazard light switch in off position has no effect of normal turn signal function. With the switch on all turn signals flash On/Off.
---------------
Another mod already shown in mod section. Mini AirCompressor placed where the California Evaporative cannister goes on right side between the subframe and rear fender. A 12V 30 amp jack int the truck to power it. Six feet of air hose.
Had a chance to use it in the field. 20 miles from nowhere. In a group of twenty riders. One of the bike's rear tire, was leaking fast, with no visible signs of a puncture. Was allot of offers by the riders with CO2 and hand pumps. But the Busa had a frekkiin Air compressor. Fill the rear tire no prob. Even filled it more then once to locate the leak. After patching the tire filled it to 37 lb/inin of pressure. Patch held for 100 mile ride home.
----------------
Preventative mod to jump wire the Headlight ground (-side) on the connector. Some serious amperage passing the one Jack connector for the (-side) that is common for both headlights and turn signals.

Headlite off kickstand mod now that would be cool.
cool.gif
I put a switch on mine to turn it off..I like your Idea though for shore..
wink.gif

I was thinking if I did the screen mod, I would have some l.e.d. lights behind them making them "glow".
wink.gif

srry heres the link..lol    http://www.bikes-unlimited.co.uk/index.htm
http://www.bikes-unlimited.co.uk/index.htm

for the cut & save challenged....
cool.gif
i think you need a shave

it's the cut and paste challenged!!!
laugh.gif
oh yeah...I fergot!
laugh.gif

Actually...it is around that time again. Every other day sounds pretty good...hate those short and stubblies....

laugh.gif

Back