Spoiled Americans

Heheheh. I hope my kids earn their own stuff. That way, they will learn to appreciate it and take care of it.

My parents did this and I thank them for it! I will retun the favor to my little ones when that time comes! You earn what you want!:rulez::thumbsup:

It's not what you have or give, it's how you teach the young one to respect what they are given. Whether it be a $1 item or a $1,000 item. The good ole USA fails at parenting.

I think as long as the kid understands and respects the value of whats given to them, then go ahead and let them have what they want, as long as they have earned it and appreciate it. I think parents today do "whats easiest" and fail at properly raising their children. It seems basic values have gone out the window. Manners, and personal responsibility are lacking. Everyone wants everything on demand and we lose sight of appreciating what we have.

On the other side of the coin though,I think as Americans though we have earned the right to big ticket items mentioned as well. I work 60-75 hours a week to pay for what I have, and my truck loan is my only loan. I scrimped and saved and worked a lot of overtime for 3 months to get my bike, I paid cash for it.

I agree with Afterhours....not only are we spoiled as a nation, we are weak.....if real conflict ever came to our shores, many would not know how to survive. We are weak physically, but more importantly we are weak emotionally and mentally.

I agree with Afterhours....not only are we spoiled as a nation, we are weak.....if real conflict ever came to our shores, many would not know how to survive. We are weak physically, but more importantly we are weak emotionally and mentally.

we are THE STRONEST NATION ON THE PLANET. its a shame that you would dishoner those among us who give our lives and futures to this country. there are many of us who are couch potatos and such, and the u.s.a. is more wasteful than any other country on the planet, but in no way can you call us "weak". we are free because we are not weak, and your right to post on this website is a direct result of our strength.

Axis alliance came to the same conclusion back in the day, how did that assessment work out for them. You underestimate Americans, most of the world still does also.

I find it quite interesting to read this thread.
How American's view their own country compared
with how the "outside" world views them.

Interesting.

Last edited:
I love America. When I was 16 I told my dad I wanted a Motorcycle. He just laughed and handed my the Want Adds.............Go find a Job. I did and the rest is History.

Sorry my friends,

I love this country more than you will ever know....and there are many studs in this country, and lots of them are in the sandbox now! But I deal with Joe avg American every day, and they are soft, weak, and ill prepared. And we continue to raise more and more pu$$ies from the generations prior.

I fear my wonderful country will be gone in a few more generations!!

Teddypenn, no disrespect meant just an observation. I have spent my life in service to this country....10 years military and what will be 26 years domestically(police service) at retirement....and I stand by my assessment....this country is NOTHING like the WWII generation and those generations before that.

Last edited:

Ghillie there was once a generation who trained in the military with wooden rifles and fired no real shots but when real conflict came this country like a smacked hornets nest came alive and awake like the Emperor of Japan had no idea ! While there is belief that the below quote was never actually said by Isoroku Yamamoto it is true and would happen again should we be attacked .

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Let another country attack , let parachutes fall out of the sky and you'll see this hornets nest come alive .

Sorry my friends,

I love this country more than you will ever know....and there are many studs in this country, and lots of them are in the sandbox now! But I deal with Joe avg American every day, and they are soft, weak, and ill prepared. And we continue to raise more and more pu$$ies from the generations prior.

I fear my wonderful country will be gone in a few more generations!!

Teddypenn, no disrespect meant just an observation. I have spent my life in service to this country....10 years military and what will be 26 years domestically(police service) at retirement....and I stand by my assessment....this country is NOTHING like the WWII generation and those generations before that.

Ghillie there are certain things now that yes would lead one to believe we are nothin like the WWII generation but keep in mind that generation was nothing but a bunch of drive in Bobby socks wearing bee boppers. Almost twenty years had passed since WWI and the kids growing up in the thirties and forties had no idea same as now . But look at the troops we have in our military now . It is the finest force this nation has ever known or had. We have saved the world twice already and would have no probs saving ourselves now .

Yes, I am a member of LA Fitness....and yes it has a/c, jacuzzi and a sauna. All the things my boxing gym does not.....my perspective is just fine. thanks

Two gym memberships. Guess everyone has their own definition of spoiled.

Back