Sping loaded Frame sliders

<- I'm still think'n its a .. unused 3" shell ...
biggrin.gif

<- I'm still think'n its a .. unused 3" shell ... [/QUOTE]

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>NO MOCKING ALLOWED</span></span>

laugh.gif

BTW as soon as my LCD's get here I'll show you who da pimp Did you know I couldn't find any shop who sells a real 2.85" color LCD? Sooooooo [/QUOTE]

Try www.partsexpress.com .

I have to say this has been the funniest and somewhat informitive thread I have read in a while.Still have not done the frame slider mod after having her 4 weeks now.I really just dont know which ones to buy.

Rythm...I love your enthusiasm to present and adapt fresh ideas to tested and established products but if you must go with a moving 2 piece slider I would highly recomend you go with the pneumatic exhausting valve theory (as suggested by another member) rather than the spring loaded curb feeler theory. (sorry...couldn't resist
laugh.gif
)

btw...you're all wet about the "after the fact bolt removal being a poor design"...it's not...it's in place to keep the puck in place (so the puck sustains the damage and not the bike)...."after the fact" puck replacement is a 5 minute ordeal requiring only a cut-off wheel on an air grinder (to whack off the crumpled/damaged puck end) and an allen wrench to remove the bolt.

Another idea that may or may not appeal to you that would be far easier to adapt than developing proper and appropriate regulation of a pnuematic exhausting valve arrangement would be to adapt a urathane disc/washer of a given and appropriate compression/durometer located between the frame and the puck base..manufactured out of round stock urathane on a lathe with an I.D. to facilitate bolt clearance and an O.D. to match the puck base w/ an O.A.L. of approx. 1/2-3/4" in thickness. "THAT'S" the way to go if you are looking to incorporate a level of shock absorbtion into frame sliders while retaining maximum levels of structural integrity of the slider assy. yet minimizing "Shock Impact" to the frame itself.

You're welcome and now I will take the first free set...Love Bill.
tounge.gif

Rythm...I love your enthusiasm to present and adapt fresh ideas to tested and established products but if you must go with a moving 2 piece slider I would highly recomend you go with the pneumatic exhausting valve theory (as suggested by another member) rather than the spring loaded curb feeler theory. (sorry...couldn't resist
laugh.gif
)

tounge.gif
DANG DANG DANG BILL! How you just gonna roll on up here and take the first set!?! MAN I always get the raw end of the deal!!
laugh.gif
That's it ... I'm tellin MOM and you're gonna get it!!
ices_rofl.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
)

tounge.gif
DANG DANG DANG BILL! How you just gonna roll on up here and take the first set!?! MAN I always get the raw end of the deal!!  
laugh.gif
That's it ... I'm tellin MOM and you're gonna get it!!  
ices_rofl.gif
Mom gotta catch me first....not an easy thing to do.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

btw...you're all wet about the "after the fact bolt removal being a poor design"...it's not...it's in place to keep the puck in place (so the puck sustains the damage and not the bike)...."after the fact" puck replacement is a 5 minute ordeal requiring only a cut-off wheel on an air grinder (to whack off the crumpled/damaged puck end) and an allen wrench to remove the bolt.
[/QUOTE]

Not wet, Bill, but just lQQkn out for the regular Joe . Not too many Playaz here have a pneumatic or dremel cut off wheel laying around in the garage like you and I and I'm pretty sure its not stated in the install manual when putting them on.
wink.gif

You're welcome and now I will take the first free set...Love Bill.[/QUOTE]

Who said you were finished here ? I have about 101 more question to ask ya.
laugh.gif

Back