Sping loaded Frame sliders

You just want some training wheels welded up so you don't need sliders anymore?

Someone starving for some attention
idea.gif

laugh.gif
[/QUOTE]
Nope just laughing at people relying on a slider to help save their plastics from a stupidity drop. Really sad so many guys think their bikey wikey to too heavy fer dem. Very very sad indeed.

Hey Torch, lQQk who you just talk'd up. See what I mean.
laugh.gif

Hey G, your still my main stain and dont you let anyone else tell you otherwise.
super.gif

how about a HUGE hot air balloon to hover over your bike and keep vertical pull so it can't fall over?

What about some SEAT BELTS?!!!! I mean are all of these bikes actually falling all by themselves? Maybe if the guys were strapped to them, they'd stop them from falling?

BTW apples to apples a 1' fall at a stand still or a 1' fall from a truck going 60 mph is very different. Why? becasue in fact you are going 60 mph. Sliders aren't designed to eliminate impact stress, they are there for the slide.

NOW if you're designing idiot pegs. I'd use a heavier spring with a slip joint. i also would NOT drill into my motor mount. I would mount them externally utilizing the upper motor mount bolt location and a cross through bar much like the "no cut" slider junk listed elsewhere. If the idiot pegs is what you seek, then you want them to stick probably 3"+ from your plastics to keep your bike well away from the ground if dropped. BUT if you go down at decent speeds with this setup odds are your bike will roll.

I think Rhythm and everyone who thinks frame sliders work should volunteer their bikes to make believers out of guys like me.
Frame sliders "working" is a very subjective statement I agree... But, for the general purpose Rhythm had envisioned I see a market. The accidental tip over... Not the road race flip n twist most busa's will never see.

REAL WORLD EXAMPLES OF SLIDERS DOING THERE JOB!
Yep there are a few companies out there who make good products. There are also many many others who make inferior knockoffs or come up with some really crappy ideas in which the trusting consumer is the one who gets to test the products claims, not the manufacturer.

[ In reverse order ]
ks-waterbug Posted on June 16 2005,05:39
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (suzuki4life @ June 15 2005,23:23)
I think Rhythm and everyone who thinks frame sliders work should volunteer their bikes to make believers out of guys like me.

Frame sliders "working" is a very subjective statement I agree... But, for the general purpose Rhythm had envisioned I see a market. The accidental tip over... Not the road race flip n twist most busa's will never see.  
[/QUOTE]
wink.gif

BTW apples to apples a 1' fall at a stand still or a 1' fall from a truck going 60 mph is very different. Why? becasue in fact you are going 60 mph. Sliders aren't designed to eliminate impact stress, they are there for the slide.[/QUOTE]
Come on  Gary, if your want to play keep up, we already covered that.

tounge.gif

Yep there are a few companies out there who make good products. There are also many many others who make inferior knockoffs or come up with some really crappy ideas in which the trusting consumer is the one who gets to test the products claims, not the manufacturer. [/QUOTE]

Tru that !
super.gif

[ In reverse order ]
ks-waterbug Posted on June 16 2005,05:39
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (suzuki4life @ June 15 2005,23:23)

wink.gif

BTW apples to apples a 1' fall at a stand still or a 1' fall from a truck going 60 mph is very different. Why? becasue in fact you are going 60 mph. Sliders aren't designed to eliminate impact stress, they are there for the slide.[/QUOTE]
Come on  Gary, if your want to play keep up, we already covered that.

tounge.gif
[/QUOTE]
You know I ain't reading all that crap.

Yep there are a few companies out there who make good products. There are also many many others who make inferior knockoffs or come up with some really crappy ideas in which the trusting consumer is the one who gets to test the products claims, not the manufacturer.
That's why you have the ORG....
The buck stops here, we don't recommend Junk!
smile.gif

I think your on to something in your earlier post. Lots of good suggestions!

NOW if you're designing idiot pegs. I'd use a heavier spring with a slip joint. i also would NOT drill into my motor mount. I would mount them externally utilizing the upper motor mount bolt location and a cross through bar much like the "no cut" slider junk listed elsewhere. If the idiot pegs is what you seek, then you want them to stick probably 3"+ from your plastics to keep your bike well away from the ground if dropped. BUT if you go down at decent speeds with this setup odds are your bike will roll.
This was the post I was referring to...

That's why you have the ORG....
The buck stops here, we don't recommend Junk!
smile.gif

I think your on to something in your earlier post. Lots of good suggestions!
Welp i've had nearly 70 Busas come home with me. Many had sliders. I've seen them barrel roll till their wheels shattered. I've seen front end impacts where the front wheel actually cracked the engine block. Frames where the neck is ripped clean off isn't even uncommon. I just really hate hearing guys willing to waste cash on stuff others have already learned didn't work.

Welp i've had nearly 70 Busas come home with me. Many had sliders. I've seen them barrel roll till their wheels shattered. I've seen front end impacts where the front wheel actually cracked the engine block. Frames where the neck is ripped clean off isn't even uncommon. I just really hate hearing guys willing to waste cash on stuff others have already learned didn't work. [/QUOTE]

Slow down G, no ones talking about buying antything here. I just wanted to share this interesting spring loaded photos I found while surfn online . This has brought some interesting ideals and has turned into a educational thread to me and I'm sure to a few others the have peep n to see what the hell Jinkster and I could be rambleing about for the last two days LOL.

Welp i've had nearly 70 Busas come home with me. Many had sliders. I've seen them barrel roll till their wheels shattered. I've seen front end impacts where the front wheel actually cracked the engine block. Frames where the neck is ripped clean off isn't even uncommon. I just really hate hearing guys willing to waste cash on stuff others have already learned didn't work.

Slow down G, no ones talking about buying antything here. I just wanted to share this interesting spring loaded photos I found while surfn online . This has brought some interesting ideals and has turned into a educational thread to me and I'm sure to a few others the have peep n to see what the hell  Jinkster and I could be rambleing about for the last two days  LOL.[/QUOTE]
Sure its about buying, intial post is about something that can be bought right?

I hate to see stuff bought or even built that won't work.

Did I try to misdirect you with 'glassing info so you could waste time and cash? I hope your answer is no.

I don't come here to mock, I come to share. I've wasted allot of time and cash I hope my info will save others from not doing themselves.

BTW as soon as my LCD's get here I'll show you who da pimp
wink.gif
Did you know I couldn't find any shop who sells a real 2.85" color LCD? Sooooooo
biggrin.gif

I don't come here to mock, I come to share. I've wasted allot of time and cash I hope my info will save others from not doing themselves.[/QUOTE]

Are you implying somthing ? I think my reputation here and on the other site speaks for itself , G.
It appears that you have somthing you want to say to me and are using this thread as a tool to do so . If this is the case just let go Playa, dont run up behind me on my post trying to get shiat started.

I don't come here to mock, I come to share. I've wasted allot of time and cash I hope my info will save others from not doing themselves.

Are you implying somthing ?  I think my reputation here and on the other site speaks for itself , G.
It appears that  you have somthing you want to say to me and are using this thread as a tool to do so .  If this is the  case just let go Playa, dont run up behind me on my post trying to get shiat started.[/QUOTE]
*sighs* whatever man. Here I'll rewrite it so people other than me can understand its intent

I don't come here to mock(a product), I come to share (from experience).

Posted: June 16 2005,06:22

Quote (Rhythm @ June 16 2005,06:17)

Are you implying somthing ? I think my reputation here and on the other site speaks for itself , G.
It appears that you have somthing you want to say to me and are using this thread as a tool to do so . If this is the case just let go Playa, dont run up behind me on my post trying to get shiat started.

*sighs* whatever man. Here I'll rewrite it so people other than me can understand its intent

I don't come here to mock(a product), I come to share (from experience). [/QUOTE]

I understood exactly what you said !
This your quote fromyou earlier, Gary.
You know I ain't reading all that crap.[/QUOTE]

If you would have read through the whole thread, you would have noticed I never mocked ( making fun of) Radical Racing product but said it was a very interesting product. Now I cant speak for others here but I will say in the past I have made a few unwanted remarks about dealers products and what of it ?
Dude you really need to relax a little bit and have some fun here, aint nuttn wrong with sharing, helpn others and havin some fun poking around.
poke.gif
If you dont approve then thats your right but dont excercise it on me unless I disrespect you .

Back