Speigle vs LSL vs converti-bars

CPZBusa

Registered
Hello all.
I know this topic has been discussed over time and I have read most of the old post but thought I would ask anyway.
I got my dream bike (08 busa) at age 54 and have rode it almost every day. Few trips around 1.5 hours without stopping.
I currently have the heli bars, however they didn't seem to help my neck and shoulder pain.
Getting rid of my dream is definitely not an option.
I am now considering a speigle or LSL set up with the Superbike bars.
Can anyone tell me the difference in the 2?
Is this modification possibly going to help me?
What about converti-bars?
I will take all the advice dumped on me. I just want to ride without pain and keep my BUSA SMILE!
huge thank you

Could the pain be from wind buffeting? I have the HeliBars (5'9") and am usually OK, but had significant neck discomfort last year after a very windy ride home along the gorge last summer.

Spiegler is a top clamp that any bend of 7/8" dirtbike bars will mount to.
I put them on my 08, and previously had Heli-bars and risers seperately and together.
The Spiegler bars made the ride much more upright.

Pictures of my gen2 with Spiegler bars on page 2

Pictures of my gen2 with Spiegler bars on page 2
So was the Spiegle bars a game changer for you?

So was the Spiegle bars a game changer for you?
Yes and no.
The bars did an excellent job of getting me more upright, and I did like the handling.
But, my original gripe with the gen1 and gen2 prevailed, the gas tank is too long, and too wide where it meets the seat(I tried 6 seats as well).
The gen3 has a more narrow tank where it meets the seat, and the seat itself isn't as wide either.
I also love gsxr1000's, and they fit me perfectly.
A friend put these bars on his 09 gsxr1k, and it became the most comfortable thing I'de ever ridden, and I still want to put them on my '03 1k.
With that said, if the gen1 or gen2 is comfortable for you everywhere except the bars, the odds are you'll love the dirtbike bars.
The best thing that you can do is sit on the bike and hold your hands in space where the bars would be, and ask yourself if your back and knees are happy there as well.
The gen1 and gen2 have the best bike engines ever...but feel like they were made for someone with arms twice as long as their legs, and after riding many, and owning one for 3 1/2 years, my solution was to trade even for a Bking.
No regrets, as the Bking is very comfortable.
I'm back on an '03 and an '18 gsxr1k now, and I want a gen3 Busa, as I find their tank and seat to be much more comfortable than the gen1 and gen2.
The Busa bars are lower and further foward than the gsxr's too, so the extra lean to the bars can stress your back and neck more than you realize, as well as crunch up your hips more.

Back