Speedohealer question

mjn

Hillbilly Deluxe
Donating Member
Registered
I have been told that although motorcycle speedos are optimistic, the odometers are on the mark....

Which leads me to believe that by correcting my speedometer, I make the odometer read too slow.

What gives this theory some creedence is the fact that on our ride last week, my odometer read 365 at the end of the day. Everyone elses (non speedohealer equipped bikes) read around 390-395. Ironically, that is about 7.5% more than mine....which is exactly how much I adjusted my healer....

Anyone?

Na, both are optomistic ! I do a measured 82 miles and my ometer reads 86 or a 4% error. Same on the speedo doing 70 mph is actually 67 mph by GPS or about 4% . Although it's like a 7% error at 110 mph and I expect more than that the faster I go. The error does increase ya know with speed. Don't ask me why, it just does, I assume it has something to do with the tire rotation, expansion and slippage  
beerchug.gif

My Busa is also speedo healer equiped. Two things... First I calibrated my speedo healer by riding past one of those radar signs you pass on the road. My speedo seems to be dead on. Second, I tested my odometer by zeroing it at a dead stop on the side of the highway. Then I rode mile post to mile post for several miles and I am coming up to zero every time I pass a mile post. So with the speedo healer properly calibrated both the speedo and the odo should be correct. Many unadjusted speedo are very optomistic. Thus it the speedo is showing a higher speed the odo is going to show higher milage.

i have a question also how do you reset the top speed recall? and mine is the same as my gps mile for mile

(mattyss @ Jun. 01 2007,20:48) i have a question also how do you reset the top speed recall? and mine is the same as my gps mile for mile
Hold the button down for a few seconds to reset.

Speed and mileage are right on with the SH for me. Verified speed with GPS and mileage with mile post signs and GPS.

Back