Speedo

I've just ordered some hay busa dials in white. Can some tell me if if easy to replace these? How easy and how do I do it without opening everything up?

m1250.jpg

MET

The Watcher
Registered
Hard enough to stop me from wanting to pul everything off and complete. However that is me, I am sure you could do a better job.

bacharles

Korrup~shun!!
Donating Member
Registered
I've just ordered some hay busa dials in white. Can some tell me if if easy to replace these? How easy and how do I do it without opening everything up?
Hey SirUK,

I ordered me a set with the group purchase at SpeedHut.com. According to the instructions they have, the dials can be put on without removing the needles. I also ordered the 220mph speedo. I was wondering if, or can it be calibrated with a yellow box or GPS, or something. Myself and others have been asking this question but to no avail. I wish that someone could or would answer this question. Usually Ninja Eater or Narcissus has some good suggestions (hint).

Brian

fatjap

Registered
I did this mod, it took about 45 minutes. Take the windscreen off then the mirrors. 2 bolts and plugs and the whole gauge package is out. 7 bolts on the back 2 on the gauge itself then back together. The instructions were good.

If you have a repair manual it helps.

Awesome look.

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Hardest part of this mod at least for me was trying to plug everything back in when I was through. Pretty tight fit as far as the wiring goes.

fatjap

Registered
Go to blackrobotics.com and order a yellow box. It costs around 100 beans. I know it converts Kilos to MPH(why I bought it) but also does recalibration too.

Email them at their website. They were very helpful to me.

FATJAP

Hey, SirUKbusa
I just did this upgrade to my 01. It wasn't hard at all. If you have a little time to turn some screws that's all it takes. I order the gauges form StreetRacerParts.com for 78.00 plus shipping. You get all four gauges and its the indiglow gauges.
Like I said very easy upgrade. If you have any question please email at ken_richmond1911@msn.com
Twistit
devil.gif

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Besides the yellow box, there are several certified shops that can calibrate your speedometer for you! Not sure about cost or turnaround time. But might save you some money and a little weight.