Speedo off...

casualdreamer

Registered
I have had my Busa for about 2 years now and I have finally saved up for all the mods I want to do. I heard and read about how changing the teeth would knock you speedo off some. I am in the military and can't really afford to get pulled over if for some reason I slip and forget about the difference. Is the some type of calibration that can be done that fixes it like it does on cars. I am wondering this because I am itching to add these things but am worried about the speedo being off. If you anyone can help me it would be highly appreciated... Thanks everyone...
ohthedrama.gif

just get a "speedo healer" and you will be ok. Contact a sponsor on here for more info. They are about $100 I think.

speedo healer only works if you already know how far off your current speedo is.. you need a GPS unit, car with calibrated speedo, time your bike between mile markers at exactly 60 mph, or a friendly cop to shoot you as you drive by at known speed (60-70 would be nice) Mine is off by 11%

I have had my Busa for about 2 years now and I have finally saved up for all the mods I want to do. I heard and read about how changing the teeth would knock you speedo off some. I am in the military and can't really afford to get pulled over if for some reason I slip and forget about the difference. Is the some type of calibration that can be done that fixes it like it does on cars. I am wondering this because I am itching to add these things but am worried about the speedo being off. If you anyone can help me it would be highly appreciated... Thanks everyone...
ohthedrama.gif
Need a SH to make it accurate, but you will be reading on the high side so you shouldn't be getting any tickets.

I tracked my Busa against my new Zumo 550 GPS and showed speedo reading about 5 MPH too fast. I don't know which is more accurate speedo or GPS? If GPs is more accurate I wonder if speedo healer would fix speedo?

I tracked my Busa against my new Zumo 550 GPS and showed speedo reading about 5 MPH too fast. I don't know which is more accurate speedo or GPS? If GPs is more accurate I wonder if speedo healer would fix speedo?
The SpeedoHealer's entire purpose is to make the speedo accurate.

I am on my sixth busa. Although I haven't checked my 08, I have found all five of the previous bikes damn near nuts on? I've had a number of gixxers as well and found them all with speedo's that were very close.

Have I just been lucky? Is there really a problem with some good some bad?

I am on my sixth busa. Although I haven't checked my 08, I have found all five of the previous bikes damn near nuts on?  I've had a number of gixxers as well and found them all with speedo's that were very close.

Have I just been lucky? Is there really a problem with some good some bad?
it happens so often that there's even more than one after market item to help adjust the speedo to be more accurate.

even when my speedo is dead on with a new tire by the time it's worn in or ready to be replaced my speedo is off again.

Back