Speedo issues

speedpimp

Registered
Anyone know if I change the front sprocket on my 01 busa, will I loss my speedo?...bought a 16 tooth after market sunstar sprocket and scared to put it on if I won't have a speedo...help anyone.

you wont lose your speedo, but it will be in accurate, invest in a speedo healer.

It depends if you take your speedo dashboard off at the same time as your sprocket,and then mis-place it!
J/k but I do believe that the correct speedo reading will be off if you cahnge the sprocket.

A tech. at the suzuki dealership said I might due to improper sensor reading on aftermarket sprocket. I knew about the inaccurate speedo, but never heard about no speedo. He said some of the new suzuki's wont work with aftermarket sprocket.

I would love to go for 16/42, but I gotta have a yellobox or healer to do it right....
rock.gif

You wont lose anything...
Speed will still work, but will be off a small percentage...
If you go to 16/42 it will of course, be off even more...
However, it can be corrected with a SpeedoHealer, no problem...

David

A tech. at the suzuki dealership said I might due to improper sensor reading on aftermarket sprocket.  I knew about the inaccurate speedo, but never heard about no speedo.  He said some of the new suzuki's wont work with aftermarket sprocket.
Welcome speedpimp and I would suggest you do one thing. Run... do not walk away from that Technician/ dealership and go somewhere that actually knows the product.

Yeah...I have had some bad ecounters with those people, but I was kinda new to the sprocket charging thing. Serves me right listening to them...thanks for clearing it up. Cant wait to see the results.

Yeah...I have had some bad ecounters with those people, but I was kinda new to the sprocket charging thing.  Serves me right listening to them...thanks for clearing it up.  Cant wait to see the results.
If you haven't already done so go here and download the manual. If you go to section 3-10 you'll see the area in question.

A tech. at the suzuki dealership said I might due to improper sensor reading on aftermarket sprocket.  I knew about the inaccurate speedo, but never heard about no speedo.  He said some of the new suzuki's wont work with aftermarket sprocket.
the sensor doesnt take its reading from the sprocket. its taken from a nut thats screwed on the end of the same shaft the sprocket is attached to.

Back