Speeding in NYC

shean1

Registered
rock.gif

Just a friendly heads up to any one on the board that may be riding through my part of NYC specifically  the Bronx... ( Highway Patrol Pct #1 )
When you travel the Bronx River Parkway or most other roadways like the Bruckner Expressway, and at the foot of the Whitestone and Throgsneck Bridges watch your Speed!!!!!   These guys are very serious about impounding bikes and writing tickets for infractions like improper plate location and such.. Sport bikes and EVEN cruisers have been pulled over..  I have a friend who owns a local speed shop and several customers have the same story about the same officer cranking out the tickets. It seems that this one oficer is out to make a point and has even written up off duty NYPD officers.. (Inside info)
All im saying is for the guys out on Long Island passing throw my neck of the woods on there way upstate keep both eyes open and watch for unmarked crusiers.
Last week I had one follow me from the Bruckner Expressway all the way to a restuarant I was going to have A bite to eat at out on City Island.
To that officers credit he was a gentlman and a proffesional he just was not sure if I was going to try and run so he waited untill I stopped. I was waiting for him to pull me over as I knew he had been tailing me for the last few miles..

No ticket issued, even though he could have..  
wink.gif

Lets just be careful out there..

Great, another rookie fresh out of the academy with something to prove.  

I got pulled by a rookie lady cop in Fairfax county, Va about 15yrs ago.  She wrote me up like i just pulled a B&E at the whitehouse.

Back