Speed Bleeders

HRJR

Donating Member
Registered
I will be installing a set of SS brake lines this coming weekend (hopefully) and was considering also installing Speed Bleeders at the same time (for the next time I bleed the brakes). I have read some comments on the Internet (not here) about Speed Bleeder leakage problems during hard braking. I'm not sure if the problems were caused by improper installation or a defective product.

Has anyone had any less than positive experiences with Speed Bleeders?

(HRJR @ Jul. 15 2007,19:00) I will be installing a set of SS brake lines this coming weekend (hopefully) and was considering also installing Speed Bleeders at the same time (for the next time I bleed the brakes).  I have read some comments on the Internet (not here) about Speed Bleeder leakage problems during hard braking.  I'm not sure if the problems were caused by improper installation or a defective product.

Has anyone had any less than positive experiences with Speed Bleeders?
Ive used them in the past and have not had any problems at all!

Yup....only my leakage was air infiltrating into the system. Tossed em' after just a few weeks. Problem solved.

Not enough fluid in the system to justify the cost in my never to be humble opinion.

--Wag--

(cosmo @ Jul. 15 2007,22:10) Yup....only my leakage was air infiltrating into the system. Tossed em' after just a few weeks. Problem solved.
That's not good.
wow.gif

We get good response from guys that use them for bleeding off the extra bubbles (microbubbles) once the lines are bled and the bubbles collect (like a week later). But, I agree for an initial bleed, using a mityvac is still my cup of tea.. there's always a friend to lend a hand at our place and it seems to take about an hour to do. Some guys like getting all the air out and thus, will use more than one bleeding method (i.e. bleed initially with a mityvac and then use speedbleeders or Galfer Bleeder bolt for master cylinder, as well.) We don't get too many defectives (less than 1%) but like any part.. it does happen. Looking forward to more posts though.
Melissa

(BUSA_BIRD @ Jul. 16 2007,16:13) We get good response from guys that use them for bleeding off the extra bubbles (microbubbles) once the lines are bled and the bubbles collect (like a week later). But, I agree for an initial bleed, using a mityvac is still my cup of tea.. there's always a friend to lend a hand at our place and it seems to take about an hour to do. Some guys like getting all the air out and thus, will use more than one bleeding method (i.e. bleed initially with a mityvac and then use speedbleeders or Galfer Bleeder bolt for master cylinder, as well.) We don't get too many defectives (less than 1%) but like any part.. it does happen. Looking forward to more posts though.
Melissa
What model Mityvac is the best to bleed and refill the master cylinder without having to pump the brake lever?

(BUSA_BIRD @ Jul. 16 2007,19:13) We get good response from guys that use them for bleeding off the extra bubbles (microbubbles) once the lines are bled and the bubbles collect (like a week later).  But, I agree for an initial bleed, using a mityvac is still my cup of tea.. there's always a friend to lend a hand at our place and it seems to take about an hour to do.  Some guys like getting all the air out and thus, will use more than one bleeding method (i.e. bleed initially with a mityvac and then use speedbleeders or Galfer Bleeder bolt for master cylinder, as well.)  We don't get too many defectives (less than 1%) but like any part.. it does happen. Looking forward to more posts though.
Melissa
Yeah, I've heard of the double bleed before. Never did it though.

Looks like I need to pick up a Mityvac...
smile.gif
(I love tools!)

Mityvac is the brand name. You will need to have a friend at the lever to pump it (can't get around that if you want to do it properly). The entire process of installing new lines takes about an hour.

I can get you a forum discount if you want to order it from my company CycleBrakes.com by phone. I also carry the speedbleeders & Galfer bleeder bolts for Galfer Brake lines.

coffee.gif

Melissa

Back