SPECIAL BULLETIN: 2009 Hayabusa

Congrats, Jim!!! I'm so stoked for you, brother...can't wait to see 'em in person!

Too bad about the snow...

2009 UPDATE:
My new silver bullet will be here in Carson City day after tomorrow, Friday!:thumbsup:
OK, for you new bike shoppers, here are comparison numbers for ya.....................we haggled back and forth before reaching a price that was agreeable with me and my dealer. Let's remember now, MSRP for the 09 is $12,499, so a ball park dealer cost is .83 of that, or $10,374 (this figure does not include an additional dealer hold back of 3%). Anyway, his initial offer was $500 more than I was willing to pay. I reminded him that we're in a recession and that I'm an old dude with more money than sense, so be careful or I'll shop elsewhere, blah-blah-blah! :laugh:
Anyway, I got her OTD for $11,200. I don't pay those BS charges like freight and Doc fees and such, so that was the bottom line. Note: that did not include sales tax. Apply that here in Nevada and I walked out the door having written a check for $11,985. Good part for me is that the same older guy has been working at my local dealer for years and he personally ALWAYS assembles my new ride and NEVER test drives or cleans it. They allow me to do all that, the only way to go.
What is really nice is that our temps are warmer than normal this time of year and forecasted to be in the mid 60s with sunshine through the weekend! This will allow me to put some break in miles on the silver bullet! It was exciting to get a copy of the Certificate of Origin and see printed right there in bold type: SAE net HP = 194.4! And rest assured, pics will follow when I get those reflectors and stickers off. I do all my own maintenance so at about 500 miles I'll dump the oil and install a new oil filter and clean/adjust/lube the chain, and all that other stuff that the dealers are supposed to do, but DON'T.
Yikes, two sleepless nights forthcoming............... :laugh:

Just a guess, but I believe the bike looks something similar to this.... :laugh:

SuzukiCyckes Link Broken
Yeah..............would have liked a more exciting color combo, but I hear the silver looks better in person than in the pics we have all seen. Can't take pics yet, she's still in transit from LA, but will do ASAP when she gets here.
Thanks guys for looking in, this site is the bestest!!! :beerchug:
And I'm really excited about meeting many of you at the Stampede next July!

Congratulations! You're gonna love it! BTW shouldn't this post be the first in a category called New 2009 Busa Threads?

Went hiking with my family today and when I got home, my dealer had left me an email with a few pics to look at. My new ride is ready for me to pick up first thing Saturday morning. I can hardly wait to see her in person! :thumbsup:

Jim's BUSA 006.jpg

Jim's BUSA 010.jpg

Jim's BUSA 013.jpg

Back