Spark plugs: a dummie's guide

Torque to 8 ft lbs...put a bit of anti seize on the threads.

Just 8 ft/lbs....... :super: Not 16.5 ft/lbs.......8 FOOT POUNDS....... :oldcool:

and don't do any drugs either....trust me on this one.....

I changed my at the end of last season--about 11,000 miles on 'em. Do everything as stated above--pretty easy job--just TAKE YOUR TIME! I didn't put any anti-seize on the threads--guess I just forgot! Hope I'm not gonna regret it at the next change.

Hello evryone my name is TANK i need help just got a 2002 hayabusa with only 2000 miles on it but its been sitting for over 7years its really dusty it has know fairings on it, no plastic at all, ill put a pic up soon. I was told i need to flush the radiator,change the spark plugs, oil change, whatwould be a good way to clean all of the dust off without having to take the bike apart?:please:

Hello evryone my name is TANK i need help just got a 2002 hayabusa with only 2000 miles on it but its been sitting for over 7years its really dusty it has know fairings on it, no plastic at all, ill put a pic up soon. I was told i need to flush the radiator,change the spark plugs, oil change, whatwould be a good way to clean all of the dust off without having to take the bike apart?:please:

Get a compressor and blow it off with air first. Then maybe a gentle bath with a hose. NO pressurized water.

Thanks guy's. im glad to be here. i have road alot of bikes in my day. THERE'S NOTHING LIKE A BUUUSSSAAA!!!!!!! Im ready to ride so bad i wish i can finish everything today lol. paint tune up everything.

I second the small amount of anti-sieze. I put it on the bottom half of the threads so it coats the threads only and it does not fill up the threads! When you install the plug some of the anti-sieze will move up the plug as it is tightened. Should work very well. Good Luck!

You people make it seem sooooooo hard.

Just take the damn plugs out and put new plugs back in, just don't over tighten. You don't need a torque wrench or any of that other crap.
All you need is spark plugs and a little common sense.

i hope this pic shows up. well here she is any tips on what i should do first? after i clean her up, i know i have to change the oil after it sitting for 7years, im going to change the spark plugs, do i need to change the wires? After i give it a tune up, change the oil, drain the radiator. is there anything else i should do to it, remember it only has 2002 miles on it

TANKS BUSA.jpg

i hope this pic shows up. well here she is any tips on what i should do first? after i clean her up, i know i have to change the oil after it sitting for 7years, im going to change the spark plugs, do i need to change the wires? After i give it a tune up, change the oil, drain the radiator. is there anything else i should do to it, remember it only has 2002 miles on it

Well, here's what I would do....Remove the tank, swish some clean gas a few times, re-install the tank, put in a little fresh gas, new oil, see if it fires up.

Eventually do a nice post-storage service, new fluids, plugs, carefully check the chain, go for a nice easy ride around the neighborhood. Loving life and no hammering that bad boy yet! Show it some love!

Back