Question regarding a battery and spark plugs...

Cuffee

Donating Member
Registered
Hello Everyone,
I hope everyone is doing well. I have two questions regarding a battery and spark plugs.

First, I have an 04 Hayabusa and feel like it's time to replace the battery. Actually, when I had my bike in the shop last summer it was recommended that I replace my battery. What battery should I get and what is the cost?

Next, as part of my yearly maintenance, I will be replacing my spark plugs. I planned to replace them with the NGK spark plugs. However, I was told by that same shop that NGK spark plugs get really hot and that I should just use "regular" spark plugs.

Lastly, my Busa has ~32K miles and runs like a charm. I believe in preventive maintenance. If you have any other maintenance suggestions please feel free to post.

Thanks and take care.
Donald

Personally I wouldn't run a different plug unless you were on some type of power adder that required it, IE nitrous.

IM not trying to jack this tread but you say on a stock bike there is no real difference... should i go with another plug if i have a full system??. i have a full muzzy single cannon.

I have a full system (Micron), PC III, etc...etc. However, I don't know the answer to your question. I am sure someone else will chime in.
D-

which ever spark plug you choose stay at the same heat range/index as OE. NGK has "regular" plugs. He may have meant getting platinum or irridium tip plugs. They cost more and aren't needed.

As for battery, many people switch to the ytz-14s over an OE replacement.

Let me see how this mechanic says the plugs run too hot but you have a 2004 without piston problems like the plugs are causing damage. Now, doesn't that sound silly with all the hot throttling the past 6 years give or take? Besides, the hotter the plug, the cleaner burning tip so no harm no foul is a perfect balance where I bet they made that plug specific for the Busa.

Iridium is for peak performance. You cheap out on the regular plugs, the tune will sign off sooner is all. Just use the same heat range of course. But if you bought a high performance bike, why shave the edge dull going into war with a pocket knife, not a sharp blade at least. Just saying.

which ever spark plug you choose stay at the same heat range/index as OE. NGK has "regular" plugs. He may have meant getting platinum or irridium tip plugs. They cost more and aren't needed.

As for battery, many people switch to the ytz-14s over an OE replacement.

Thanks for the info.
D-

Back