Soupy's lowering links : standard or Plus 1/2 ?

38 Cigarette

Registered
Hello boys and girls :

I ordered the normal lowering links from Soupy's last night but I'm re-thinking about needing/wanting the ones that allow another 2 inches ? The description says they are mainly for stretched bikes but will I be happy with the standard ones since I'm only thinking of dropping 2, maybe 3, inches ? I'm thinking 2/3 inches is going to be very noticeable visually, which is my main purpose for them.

TIA !

Hello boys and girls :

I ordered the normal lowering links from Soupy's last night but I'm re-thinking about needing/wanting the ones that allow another 2 inches ? The description says they are mainly for stretched bikes but will I be happy with the standard ones since I'm only thinking of dropping 2, maybe 3, inches ? I'm thinking 2/3 inches is going to be very noticeable visually, which is my main purpose for them.

TIA !

BusaPebbles used the standard ones and only went down and inch or so. It is pretty noticeable. I can send you a picture of our bikes side by side.

The normal ones go from 0-4 inches. It should be all you need if you are stock wheelbase.

Oh yeah, forgot, another concern also stemmed from someone on here advising that you shouldnt take them out/down much more than 2 inches due to the stability and support placed on the remaining threads. I'm thinking the longer ones have more available support/leverage...?

Yes, standard wheelbase here.

Soupys has some real good stuff.

I got some used adjustable soupys links that go from +1 to -1 for sale $65 TYD. PM if anyone interested. These are the steel adjustable links that go for $92 ($82 and $10 more for shipping). linky

I have standard and have a 3/4" drop. They should be fine for stock wheelbase.

Back