2" Scraping Issues? Pics request as well.

nychayabusa

Registered
Hey guys, i'm thinking of lowering the bike but since my 02 had issues scraping and hitting the wheel well I want to do it right this time. I had the on the fly adjustable links so i was alwys tempted to lower it more. I may go for the 3 hole links and was wondering how yoru bikes have faired with the middle hole (2 IN) setting. I am about 200lbs suited up. Any comments? Also, any pics on the 2 inch setting?

Thanks

do the adjustable on the fly links ...if 2 inches winds up being to low then you can raise it to 1 3/4 inch or 1 7/8 or 1 1/2 ect why spend the same amount of money on those inferior links with 3 set positions for the same price?

havent had a problem with mine scraping, I have mine in the middle hole. I ride out east on long island a lot and all over the east coast and never had an issue yet. You wont be able to have a rear hugger on the wheel though

I had my 08 dropped 2" with 9.5 extension, and rear shock rebuilt by trac dynamics and had issues with it rubbing the undertail when riding 2 up even with my daughter who between the two of us weren't near 300.
Posted via Mobile Device

The middle hole in the three hole links will give you a 1" drop. I had links on my bike when I bought it, 2" down was too low for me, scraped all the time. Back to stock height now.

I'm gonna say stay with your adjustables as well, solely for the ability to change your ride height at will.. Check Brock's website for the "Window" lowering links. I installed those, and they are great for dialing in exactly where you want to be.. No matter which way you go though, you should make sure your suspension is adjusted for your weight (fully geared up), that should definitely help with scraping. If you still scrape a little, you can always increase the spring tension on the rear shock a little more to help with that.. Sorry, I'm away from home or I could post up some pics of the links for you...

Good Luck !! :beerchug:

Questions.....since I truly am not clear about this....are there any reasons to lower a Busa besides the following ones?
Short in stature so helps to be flatfooted.
Dragracing (center of gravity lower for better launches)
LSR (more stable at very high speeds)
Cosmetic (looks hardcore bad and fast to some)

and the negatives...

Cornering is compromised due to ground clearance.
Too low results in tire vrs undertail scraping.
The lower you get, the less suspension travel you have...therefore ride quality, less capable of dealing with road irregularities and overall less capable suspension.

If I missed anything, good or bad what would it be? Thanks, Raydog

Questions.....since I truly am not clear about this....are there any reasons to lower a Busa besides the following ones?
Short in stature so helps to be flatfooted.
Dragracing (center of gravity lower for better launches)
LSR (more stable at very high speeds)
Cosmetic (looks hardcore bad and fast to some)

and the negatives...

Cornering is compromised due to ground clearance.
Too low results in tire vrs undertail scraping.
The lower you get, the less suspension travel you have...therefore ride quality, less capable of dealing with road irregularities and overall less capable suspension.

If I missed anything, good or bad what would it be? Thanks, Raydog

:laugh: I think you pretty much covered it !!!

The middle hole in the three hole links will give you a 1" drop. I had links on my bike when I bought it, 2" down was too low for me, scraped all the time. Back to stock height now.

Im sorry but the links i got the first hole was stock height the second hole was 2 inch and the third hole was 4 inch.

Im sorry but the links i got the first hole was stock height the second hole was 2 inch and the third hole was 4 inch.

Never have seen those before. Most of all dog bones I have seen were as I described. A 4" drop would put the fender right on the tire. No need to apologize bro, didnt know then made such a critter.

Never have seen those before. Most of all dog bones I have seen were as I described. A 4" drop would put the fender right on the tire. No need to apologize bro, didnt know then made such a critter.

Its cool. I didnt believe it either till i received them in the mail. I was like holy s**t. I shouldve put it on the 3rd hole and seen what it looked like. But yeah i have my bike on the 2nd hole. Here are the pics.

Picture 240.jpg

Picture 241.jpg

I would think "Adapt"

Like "Improvise, Overcome, Adapt" !!!!! :beerchug:

HEHE a typo goes a long way! But yes my intentions were to mean Adapt.

So we are clear...

1. to make suitable to requirements or conditions; adjust or modify fittingly: They adapted themselves to the change quickly. He adapted the novel for movies.
–verb (used without object)
2. to adjust oneself to different conditions, environment, etc.: to adapt easily to all circumstances.

Back