Soupy's Adjustable Lowering Links

piratediverjefff

Registered
Put a set on this afternoon and lowered the rear a bit.

...stock height
View attachment 1553739

...lowered a bit
newbike068.jpg

Why lower the rear, and not the front?

Your changing the suspension geometry when you do it!

Also did you modify the kickstand?

Why lower the rear, and not the front?

Your changing the suspension geometry when you do it!

Also did you modify the kickstand?

Took it out for a test run and it's fine(for the way i ride anyway:laugh:)and still has plenty of lean without modifying the kickstand.I'll eventually get a different top tree and lower the front a little,maybe just a 1/2" or so(i like the center of gravity being a little lower and never cared for all that space between the rear tire and tail section...i believe i just got used to the stance of my old turbo bike:laugh:).

View attachment 1553741

Let's see a list of what you gave up along with a list of what you gained not counting that space between the tire & fender! :thumbsup:

Let's see a list of what you gave up along with a list of what you gained not counting that space between the tire & fender! :thumbsup:

Since i don't ride the twisties i really don't feel i lost anything as far as handling goes,and i like the look/feel as it is now so that's all that matters to me.:thumbsup:

Looks good brother, When you do decide to lower the front check into a Soupys lowering block, Can lower up to 1" Very easy to install, Looks good and much cheaper than a new tripple tree.

As for all the guys talking about loosing handling. Unless your really really into the twisties you wont notice it.

One more thing be crefull the tire doesnt rub your undertail on hard acceleration or big bumps, As for the kickstand your probably ok for now but if you lower the front invest in a shorter kickstand.

I lower my bike sometimes, and love how it rides when its lowered. The 2nd bike looks very nice, I can see why you want it lower:thumbsup:

One more thing be crefull the tire doesnt rub your undertail on hard acceleration or big bumps, As for the kickstand your probably ok for now but if you lower the front invest in a shorter kickstand.

Almost ordered one of the blocks when i ordered the links but decided to hold off for now.The Gen II's appear to have a lot more clearance under the tail than the Gen I's and even with my 255 lbs. perched on it still have a good 3-4" of clearance but will keep an eye on it.:thumbsup:Will definitely order another kickstand when i lower the front,i may be good with only a 1/2" or so but will have to see.

Theres people who likes twisties and theres people who likes straights, two differents set-ups, doesn't mean eather one is wrong we are just differents.:whistle:

What kickstand are you looking to get? I'm in need of a shorter one.. or do the kickstand mod. I'm digging your turbo bike. :thumbsup:

What kickstand are you looking to get? I'm in need of a shorter one.. or do the kickstand mod. I'm digging your turbo bike. :thumbsup:

Not really needing one myself just yet and trying to remember who made the one i had on the turbo bike(it's hell to get old bro:laugh:),came from Spencer Cycle back in '08 and was a good stand(i'll post a left side pic of the bike).I'm sure they're still available and will eventually get another one.:thumbsup:

IMG_0226.jpg

Back