Soupy's adjustable lowering links ... HELP

BlackBoosah07

Registered
So what looked like an easy task ended up with me walking away. I am new at this motorcycle mechanic thing so I need some help. So I took the belly pan off to expose the stock dogbones ... I ended up getting the top link through bolt nut off no problem and cannot budge the bottom through bolt. I have the front wheel chaulked and the rear wheel up on the swingarm spool stand. I figured that if I got the top through bolt out that it would free up the bottom through bolt and it would be on to the install and my new kickstand and I would be done ... Well I tried to get the top through bolt out and as the thread reaches the other side to pull out the dogbone gets caught up on the beginning threads of the bolt and I cannot get the bolt out it just starts to pull dogbone with it. Can anyone who has done this before please offer me some tips and help. I just worked all week and have a very long day tomorrow so I got frusterated and left it the way it is until I get help. Thank you so much for your time. Anything will be appreciated!!:banghead:

Just example pictures. You need to take the load off of the swingarm. The bolts will slide right out.

Keep an eye on those - they have a tendency to break.. yes even the higher dollar soupys will break.. never a good day when that happens.

Keep an eye on those - they have a tendency to break.. yes even the higher dollar soupys will break.. never a good day when that happens.

Really? I can understand the cheap knock off links, but the higher quality ones are having issues?
What are you basing the statement on?

Spend enough time reading the forums and all the busa FB pages and you will run across it. One of the many bad things about FB groups is history and ease of searching. Guys say that they have broke on them but soupys stands behind them.

Spend enough time reading the forums and all the busa FB pages and you will run across it. One of the many bad things about FB groups is history and ease of searching. Guys say that they have broke on them but soupys stands behind them.

Thanks, I was just curious. Cognitive trending is valid enough.

Back