Lowering links help

Devildust

Registered
Was trying to put on links last night, and could not get the stock setting to clear the "control arm" on the left side of the bike, since the extra 2 holes were sticking out. Also the 2nd setting hole was too small to fit the bolt through. I think these are schnitz racing. Only hole that i was able to get to work was 3, but that's slammed and I don't want to ride like that. Am i just retarded and doing something wrong?

You cannot use the stock setting without some modifications to the bike.

Take the links off and see if the bolt will go thru the second hole when not on the bike. If not, open it up with a drill or something to make it hte right size. I believe they are stamped, so the hole may have gotten peened over or something in the process...

What he said. I ended up chopping the end off my old links when I wanted to run stock height.

Droid via Tapatalk

I wish I would have known that before hand. I had to cut the nut of the originals because it was so damn seized on. Ended up cutting into the original link a little bit, so now i have to find stock ones. I really just wanted the lowering ones for when I go to the drag strip, but I though the stock setting wouldn't require modification. Thanks for the help guys.

The three hole links are worthless if you want a stock setting. Get some oem links or purchase the soupy adjustables.

Back