Adjustable Lowering Links installed question about height...

Rdmetz

Registered
So I've started putting my bike together after my accident last weekend with a deer...I had a set of Soupy's Adjustable Lowering Links laying around that came with the bike but weren't installed decided to install them today...

Well there website says there adjustable from stock down to -4" but even at there shortest setting mike bike is at least 2 inches lower than it was before and it was already lowered 1" I thought at this setting the bike would be at stock height and then i could lower it down maybe an 1" or so but now my tags rubbing the tire and the bikes squatting in the back I didnt want it this low and but I wanted just a tad lower than it was before I figured if it was adjustable from stock height down I could find the perfect height but the darn thing isnt even close to stock height and it will only go lower :(

Did I do something wrong are these lowerin links different than what soupys selling now? Did they change something with there links before.

I didnt buy the links like I said they came with the bike they had soupys instructions zip-tied to them and a container with 4 rods and 4 bolts and 4 spacers if this makes any difference I also used the stock rods and bolts as the ones included were not long enough but from what I've gathered thats what your suppsed to do...right? lol

Any input would be appriciated I dont want the bike slammed but I'm also not wanting to just put the stock dog bones back on I thought this was the answer but now I'm stuck ???

I cannot get my bike back up to stock height either. Not sure if my links are soupys (supposed to be, but got them used), but the hex part of the link needs to be shorter by 1/2" to 3/4" to make up the diff

yea i'm not sure whats up with this I mean my were never used and has instructions ziptied to them so I'm pretty sure mine were soupys but still anyone have soupys and have different results?

Back