Lowering Links Installed

Y2K81

Registered
Well they arrived... And were on within 10mins of opening the package.

Was feeling the quality of the parts... Seems to be slight play in the threads. Anyone feel this would be an issue. Once tightened up against the lock nut everything is fine but still makes me wonder.

IMG_20161003_174328990.jpg

You could put a little sealer or anti-seize to fill the gaps if you are worried about it. Always a very very very slight play with threads. IMHO the finer threads should be used for this application as it will offer better tension and tensile strength over coarse threads. From what I can tell from the pic, yours are coarse threads. Only difference is for you torque the nuts really good. I think you will be fine unless we are talking sloppy play?

Not sloppy but I'd say about half a mm of play... They are from the states and claim to be indestructible and lifetime warranty... Guess u can't make a claim when your dead tho. I might fab up a set of solid offsets in 1/4" differences. No idea wtf those ones on eBay are with the 3 holes. 1/2inch offset centers would drop the bike by 2inches each hole lol.

Back