Sorry for the delay....here's my new 240...

Hummmmm.....lets see.....
A BMW Z3, new CLK430, chopper and a busa.
Someone has the scrach!!!
Your spending habits are like mine, but WTF you cant take it with you.

BTW:
I used to work for KRXQ 98.5. Rob Williams of RAD gave me my start in radio.
Could not afford toys then.

Great looking bikes.

I hear ya on that one, Tbone.....seems the work ethic is slowly dripping away. I do the same when I go into work...100% all day.

Hummmmm.....lets see.....
A BMW Z3, new CLK430, chopper and a busa.
Someone has the scrach!!!
Your spending habits are like mine, but WTF you cant take it with you.

BTW:
I used to work for KRXQ 98.5. Rob Williams of RAD gave me my start in radio.
Could not afford toys then.

Great looking bikes.
It's a "new-to-me" CLK, don't believe in buying cars new, too much initial hit on depreciation.....

I listen to 98 rock all day! The RAD show never ceases to get a strong opinion from me, good and bad, but that's what good radio is all about! You still in the biz?

you are my hero
bowdown.gif

Very Nice, and Damn glad you didn't Ruin your Busa... I have been batting the Big Dog/American Ironhorse question around for a little while... I really like the Big Dog Mastiff... Not a "Chopper" really but a nice cruiser... Bke looks good man...

As for the Z3, Dude You gotta can it and get the Z4 SMG... I know I know, but the design sure grew on me and now I am starting to get sorta twitchy...
biggrin.gif

College Degree means you'r owed a high paying job and "Everyone" is going to kiss your ass... Didn't you get that memo?
smile.gif
I see this a lot where I work. Yeah I spent 5 years at CSU, but I was there to LEARN, Not to get a degree... I think there is a difference, I run into all sorts of Educated idiots, and Folks educated beyond their intelligence... People who went to school with nothing but a degree in mind, Yeah they got that piece of paper... but they didn't learn bobo... I know exactly what you mean...

I think every US citizen at the age of 18 (Or after Graduation) should be required to serve 2 years in the military, and while your there your going to get an Associates Deree in (Something)... This way every US citizen would really learn what hard work is, really be ready for College ready to learn, heck maybe learn a little something about being a citizen... Anyway... My rant...

Bike looks good and thats a great place for a 240 series rear...
smile.gif

smile.gif

thanks, Rev....the Z3 was a gift for the wife....I don't even fit in the damn thing with the top up! Little sh*tter handles like a slot car, though!! I do like the look of the Z4, too. I'll tell you the roadster that does it for me is the little Audi TT....the ultimate egg!!

thanks, Rev....the Z3 was a gift for the wife....I don't even fit in the damn thing with the top up! Little sh*tter handles like a slot car, though!! I do like the look of the Z4, too. I'll tell you the roadster that does it for me is the little Audi TT....the ultimate egg!!
Yeah I like the TT, But the Z4 Stomped it pretty handily according to Road N Track anyway... FWIW... Heck, If I had my choice I'd hop in an M3 anyway... Might as well go the distance...
thumbs-up.gif

I'm also all over the "New to Me" method of Purchase... Accept for my bikes, I have yet to buy a NEW New Car... Same reasons you mentioned, depreciation just for braggin rights... or ego... I don't get it.. I'm going to be starting my own business here soon though, and I'll prolly buy new at that point and just write it off... Otherwise, I am a big fan of the slightly used car...

Again Sweet bike and I really like the way they sorta captured the Rigid look while still giving you a rear suspension...

WHAT THE HECK DID YOU LEARN IN SHOOL!!!!I MUsTA MISSED SOMETHING.you have some heavy things there more power to ya.
School of "My daddy is a marine, and he'll kick my ass if I don't amount to something." High school education here......there is a lot to be said for getting up every day and giving 100 percent to your employer, every day. This is by no means a slam on higher education, but the current generation of "I'm owed an income because I went to college for 4 years" bunch pisses me off. Haven't found one yet with a work ethic worth more than the paper his degree is printed on. I know they may be out there....and I anyone knows one send 'em my way, but until then I'll hire based on drive and work ethic......Sorry if I'm ranting, but I had a rough day with my HR lady today, because of this exact subject!
3 yrs of college 7 of university
now i am mecanical engineer
4 yrs ago got my first job in nyc w/o having to show my diploma!
I was like: I could have applied for the job 7 yrs before and manage to learn on the job.
But still all the basic concept of enginnering are still very usefull.
Anyway, I started at the bottom of the ladder.
But 90% of the knowledge I use at work comes from experience.
I worked like a horse, 6-7 days a week and 12-15 hrs a day.
Since i charge by the hour, I almost double my salary.
I would say that people who thinks that they deserve the job and the salary because they have a degree usually studied in management, maketing...business. I can say that because most of my friend from highschool went that way. I went the engineering way. It does not may as much but this is what I wanted to do.
Today I make more without doing overtime than I did when I started working 90 hrs/week. I earned it and I'm proud of it.

WHAT THE HECK DID YOU LEARN IN SHOOL!!!!I MUsTA MISSED SOMETHING.you have some heavy things there more power to ya.
School of "My daddy is a marine, and he'll kick my ass if I don't amount to something." High school education here......there is a lot to be said for getting up every day and giving 100 percent to your employer, every day. This is by no means a slam on higher education, but the current generation of "I'm owed an income because I went to college for 4 years" bunch pisses me off. Haven't found one yet with a work ethic worth more than the paper his degree is printed on. I know they may be out there....and I anyone knows one send 'em my way, but until then I'll hire based on drive and work ethic......Sorry if I'm ranting, but I had a rough day with my HR lady today, because of this exact subject!
3 yrs of college 7 of university
now i am mecanical engineer
4 yrs ago got my first job in nyc w/o having to show my diploma!
I was like: I could have applied for the job 7 yrs before and manage to learn on the job.
But still all the basic concept of enginnering are still very usefull.
Anyway, I started at the bottom of the ladder.
But 90% of the knowledge I use at work comes from experience.
I worked like a horse, 6-7 days a week and 12-15 hrs a day.
Since i charge by the hour, I almost double my salary.
I would say that people who thinks that they deserve the job and the salary because they have a degree usually studied in management, maketing...business. I can say that because most of my friend from highschool went that way. I went the engineering way. It does not may as much but this is what I wanted to do.
Today I make more without doing overtime than I did when I started working 90 hrs/week. I earned it and I'm proud of it.
Went the engineering route as well.... Second your opinion completely...

Cloud

I left Reno (Lotus Radio and where Rob was PD/OD before he moved to Sac.) to work at Infinity/CBS Portland (larger market and all) and after working 80 a week I could still not pay my bills. Now I own my own busniess and make the money but dont have the fun.
At least I can buy fast cars and faster bikes!

I do miss it.....maybe a weekend slot someday.

I hear you about the hit on new cars.
Figured it was new from the tag.
Still very nice.
I just got an 98 SL600.
I see jaws drop when I drive by......but it only cost me 32K.
Unreal for a V-12.

If I ever make it to Sac I will buy you a beer.

-JH

I left Reno (Lotus Radio and where Rob was PD/OD before he moved to Sac.) to work at Infinity/CBS Portland (larger market and all) and after working 80 a week I could still not pay my bills. Now I own my own busniess and make the money but dont have the fun.
At least I can buy fast cars and faster bikes!

I do miss it.....maybe a weekend slot someday.

I hear you about the hit on new cars.
Figured it was new from the tag.
Still very nice.
I just got an 98 SL600.
I see jaws drop when I drive by......but it only cost me 32K.
Unreal for a V-12.

If I ever make it to Sac I will buy you a beer.

-JH
Sweet...my brother's been lloking for a 600 for a few months....seems most of the clean ones are in florida...so we may take a little road trip soon!!

You're on for the beers....look me up if you get into the area!

Tbone, did you know that that bike was built just up the street from where I live. The Iron horse factory is like twenty mins from my place and there new factory shop just opened up like 30 min from my place. I would love to have one of there bikes, then My wife would really ride with me for sure.

Thay are nice, just cant dream of really havin one of my own.

Sweet cruiser and compliment to the busa.
super.gif

Since the college thing has been brought up... From my experiences, college people don't do well at law enforcement. Seems they think there should be a book that outlines how to do every single thing and how to handle every conceiveable situation they might encounter. If it's not in a book or in policy somewhere, the college folks have to ask a supervisor. They can't handle SHID without bein' told how to do it. No use of common sense at all...

Not sayin' everyone who goes to college is that way, but I'm with tbone. I've yet to see one with the common sense and judgement required in LE...

Back