Notchin the frame for a 240 kit

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
I picked up an All things Chrome 240 kit last weekend from "speedaddict" bro-in-law, he sold his Busa and the kit was up for grabs so... My question is what should i use to notch the frame for the offset sproket and chain? "Speedaddict" used a Carbid bur and another guyt with the same kit used a die grinder, both got it done so not sure which direction to go. I dont have a compressor so any other ideas are welcome, but a have a feelin ill be gettin one for this project. All other 240 install tips are much appreicated.

DEMMYM:whistle:

I used both!!

I marked where the chain goes and went at it..took a little while and was covered in aluminum!!! Cut a shape like this> [ about 1/4 in,inch tall..

I would say get a electric angle grinder with a thick cutoff wheel..

SA400077-1.jpg

i would just get a little electric grinder since you dont have a compressor, should be the easiest then you could clean it up a little with a dremel tool or something equivalent shouldnt be that tough to do

I picked up an All things Chrome 240 kit last weekend from "speedaddict" bro-in-law, he sold his Busa and the kit was up for grabs so... My question is what should i use to notch the frame for the offset sproket and chain? "Speedaddict" used a Carbid bur and another guyt with the same kit used a die grinder, both got it done so not sure which direction to go. I dont have a compressor so any other ideas are welcome, but a have a feelin ill be gettin one for this project. All other 240 install tips are much appreicated.

DEMMYM:whistle:

Im cheating on this one Brother.

I am going to have a local shop do mine for me, Ohhhhh Ill be there watching and learning, and cringing when there grinding on the frame.

I think Goodluck has the answer for you. Elec Grinder and clean it up with a Dremel, Just make sure you dont take off too much. :poke:

:thumbsup:

Thanks guys, grinder it is, already have a dremal so good to go there, i just didnt wanna spend a month grindin with that alone

Back