Something new to keep from spraying in 1st gear

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
This doesn't require any gps mods or anything, pretty simple.

To be used with horn button, i would assume most guys spraying are running an air shifter. Once you tap the air shifter once and are in 2nd gear, the box will let nitrous come on (made to work with my ECU nos harness) assuming the other window / wot / toggle switch conditions are met.

Even without an air shifter you could tap into the ground side of the horn, a quick beep of the horn whenever the bike is stable enough to spray.

this was the 1st prototype, have 2 out there that have been tested and worked as expected :)

ecubox.jpg

lockout.jpg

this could work with boost also, or anything you want to Lock out etc.

This is meant to be used in conjunction with an existing window or WOT switch, or works awesome with my ECU NOS harness.

so there is no need to continue to depress "button" once activated?

isnt this what a WOT switch does,once activated it would continue to spray until throttle is rolled back?

Last edited:
no not at all,

this is intended to be used with an existing setup

basically here is how it works, you arm your NOS system however you normally do and then add this,

you launch the bike in 1st gear (no spray coming on yet). As soon as you tap the horn button once to air shift into 2nd gear, my box sends out a continous 12 v signal, you use that signal to now allow spray to come on. my signal coming out stays on until you shut the key off, obviously your window / wot stuff etc still needs to be there so when you roll outta the throttle nos goes off.

This just keeps the nos off until you shift once and the bike is in 2nd gear. In the past i have done a lot of gps mods to lock out boost or nos in 1st gear, this is a much easier alternative if you are using an air shifter.

i plan to use this on the street even without having air shifter on sometimes, i have stock wheelbase on wife's bike, and with a 50 shot it would be too much in 1st, so ill go through first, grab second gear, and assuming bike is stable just tap the horn briefly then nos cam come on based on my window / wot settings etc.

This turns a momentary input (tapping horn button) into a constant output.

no not at all,

this is intended to be used with an existing setup

basically here is how it works, you arm your NOS system however you normally do and then add this,

you launch the bike in 1st gear (no spray coming on yet). As soon as you tap the horn button once to air shift into 2nd gear, my box sends out a continous 12 v signal, you use that signal to now allow spray to come on. my signal coming out stays on until you shut the key off, obviously your window / wot stuff etc still needs to be there so when you roll outta the throttle nos goes off.

This just keeps the nos off until you shift once and the bike is in 2nd gear. In the past i have done a lot of gps mods to lock out boost or nos in 1st gear, this is a much easier alternative if you are using an air shifter.

i plan to use this on the street even without having air shifter on sometimes, i have stock wheelbase on wife's bike, and with a 50 shot it would be too much in 1st, so ill go through first, grab second gear, and assuming bike is stable just tap the horn briefly then nos cam come on based on my window / wot settings etc.

This turns a momentary input (tapping horn button) into a constant output.

ok ok ok,I got it now, what about when you depress the horn button to shift into 3rd gear?

it will only activate with the first push of the button but wont deactivate until ignition is cut off regardless of how many times you hit the button?

correct :)

You can hit the button as many times as you want and it wont de-activate it. Only way to de-activate is to cycle power to the unit.

:thumbsup:
very nice and very much needed for alot of guys

me,Im 300lbs and the 15lb cheater weight didnt hurt either,I couldnt get the front up if i tried:laugh:

LOL, im a heavy dude too, but stock wheel base after the mild motor work and stuff I did its trying to come up pretty good without a tune, and without nos, so I am sure I need to put one of these on my bike.

LOL, im a heavy dude too, but stock wheel base after the mild motor work and stuff I did its trying to come up pretty good without a tune, and without nos, so I am sure I need to put one of these on my bike.

stock height to???

gotta stretch and slam her,then no worries unless you get real crazy with the RWHP:laugh:...oh wait,you did say this was your wifes ride...better leave it be:whistle:

Nah I want this one different

My bike is long and low and 460 hp on big boost

Hers is lowered 2 in the rear stock up front
Posted via Mobile Device

Back