Nos, same kick as a 2cycle engine??

PORT

Registered
Well I finally tried my Dry type Nitrous (36 shot) today, I was banging thru the gears(air shifter), when I got to 3rd (WOT) I hit the button and was expecting the motor to stutter and have a big jump in RPMs, but it still ramped steadily. I have had NOS systems on outboards(BOATS) and when I hit the button the motor always took a second or two and then gave a big kick, but not on my busa?
Before I went out with the bike off and bottle closed I checked to see if solenoid was working and I heard it click. I guess my next step is to pull air cleaner, keep bike off-key on, open bottle, wot and see if nitrous is really spraying. Am I missing something?

something is very wrong,there should not be any stutter with a dry shot,the hit should be nearly instant (a little slower if the solinoid is in the trunk,a little quicker if the solinoid is up front) it should hit very hard,and the revs should rise very quickly

you say a 36 shot....do you mean a .036 jet ?

How much bottle pressure? Some solenoids wont open with too much bottle pressure.:;):

After the ride I tested system with bike off, key on, throttle WOT. Hit the button and heard the Nitrous, a second later, Nitrous came out of air intake vents in the front of bike. That tells me everything was working when I tried it. I assume with the motor running and going 100mph it would get rammed into the engine. I think I need to get it Dynoed and tuned.

where do you have the bottle mounted ? siphon ?
are you sure the bottle is full ?

rock.gif

Back